Anybody been to Circuit City

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
If you've been already, tell us how steep the markdowns are and if they still have lots of goodies.

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
I'm curious to see if this goes the same way the previous closings have gone: liquidator raises base price, then puts them on 'sale'. I heard numerous reports of this going on in the closing of previous stores.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Waste of time fogettaboutit nada no way bad boy sit stay.20% off their already hi prices is no deal..

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I went by there this evening and things ranged from about 10% to 20% off of normal pricing. This is MSRP less 10 or 20 percent, which means - WITH THE DISCOUNT - you are often paying more than Amazon prices... Oh, and all sales are final.

Still, the store I was in was pretty busy - and I was reminded of why I prefer Best Buy so much over Circuit City. 40 people in line and only a couple of people checking customers out. No organization, no clearly marked prices, everything was pretty messy, and nothing at all inspired me to purchase a thing.

M

murl

Full Audioholic
I went to try and buy a blu ray player and there were no deals to be had.

10% electronics
20% DVD/CD any type of disc
30% furniture and cables

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I've been. Lame. I went at the bequest of my brother.

People always think that going out of biz sale means best pricing. Meh.

BB has got better deals on the plasma I was pricing for my brother.

They are selling Blurays for $40? Ok, great, subtract $8. :rolleyes:

They are selling URC RF-10 + blaster for $180. Gee, the RF20 + blaster has been selling $80 shipped from Amazon for years now.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, but are Monster cables on sale?!? Dare to dream. I better go get the car warmed up.

jinjuku

jinjuku

This thread is a duplicate of the Circuit City liquidates remaining stores.

Check out my post for the laughable liquidation sale.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
This thread is a duplicate of the Circuit City liquidates remaining stores.

Check out my post for the laughable liquidation sale.
It's always laughable early on.

Bombay and Linens 'n' Things pulled the same crap.

WTF happened to the Tweeter liquidation sale? I hope I don't have to wait for that stuff to go to overstock.com. Talk about a site with joke prices!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I went to get a car alarm I have been wanting, and they were not on sale, besides they didn't even have any of them in stock. But the things that were on sale were only 10% off, so not really anything to get excited about.

M

murl

Full Audioholic
If you get that car alarm and need a schematic or any info for the installation let me know because I installed remote starts, keyless, and alarms for quite a while. Oh and if you don't have your heart set on one yet, get one made by DEI!

E

EYEdROP0

Audioholic
I went to CC the other day for a simple pair of RCA cables, and they wanted $16! I went to the ratshack and got them for about half the price CC was asking.

Both CC and BB are a joke when it comes to buying anything electronic.

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
I went there for a GPS for my car. I did the smart thing and looked up a couple of models at BB and Fry's before I went to CC. 10% off the GPS. When you take the discount off they were the same prices as BB and Fry's...who would have guessed;)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
If you get that car alarm and need a schematic or any info for the installation let me know because I installed remote starts, keyless, and alarms for quite a while. Oh and if you don't have your heart set on one yet, get one made by DEI!
Thanks for the offer, but I'm having a friend of mine put it in, since he used to be an installer. But yes, I am getting one by DEI, I used to have a Python and I like it, but now I'm looking at a Hornet.

D

drinke

Junior Audioholic
I am in Boston and its the same for the stores up here. The already high prices were barely marked-down (10%). Most of the discounts weren't ringing up at the counter, so people had to go wait in another line at Cust Serve. It was generally chaotic and very poorly organized.

Items my wife and I were looking at (ipods and a receiver) were either not in stock at all, or weren't really discounted and could be found for less $ on the internet.

Its never good for consumers when you lose competition, but CC is truly a company that deserved this ending.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Yeah I went on Saturday since I was going to a store next to it. Everything was 10% off, CDs and DVDs were 20% off and they had all cables at 30% off.

Couldn't find anything in the CDs I wanted because either they didn't have it or I couldn't find it (they made no attempt to alphabetize the CDs).

Not much else in that store of much interest, everything is still too overpriced and they don't have that many products compared to Best Buy or a traditional CC anyway. "The City" seems to offer less stuff and charge more for it, and that was before the liquidation sales.

M

murl

Full Audioholic
I wanted a blu ray player but decided against it. I will check later when they mark stuff down more, but probably by that time the players will be gone, or the ones I want anyway.

K

kingofgrills

Audiophyte
There's nothing to see that you can't find cheaper elsewhere. I went on Saturday, and it was unimpressive. Most stuff was 10% off, while some items were 20% off from retail, with all sales final. You would be able to find things cheaper with a quick 2 minute search online.

dgshtav

dgshtav

Junior Audioholic
Not much markdowns on my first visit. In fact some items were cheaper on the web than the marked down pricing.

Second trip...well didn't get the chance. The store's closed down already.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis