any reviews on dahlquist speakers

C

cokeman

Audiophyte
i just want to know if there were any out there thanks

U

Unregistered

it seems the only place to get reviews....why don't you guys carry more than dahlquist....

their subs dont seem to be of great quality, they only have 4 screws holding in the cone...and the price is quite high....

I have looked at your dahlquist sub/sat system online...but it's somewhat bias as no where else are there reviews, and I know you are not about to have poor reviews on your site

M

Marc Hallam

There's not much in the way of online reviews on them, you're right. Mainly magazines. If you follow some of the links to the reviews at HTF, there are both good and bad comments there to be fair (speakers are a subjective thing). I have written to audioreview.com at least six times requesting they list them for consumer reviews. Maybe if Dahlquist had an affiliate program it might be different and you'd see more online reviews. Audio Ideas Guide is supposed to review two more models over the next couple of months so I'm told.
Our shop has a good reputation for finding young, high value speaker companies and recommend them to our clients. Once they become successful, marketing takes over and price go up and weights go down, always does. The Canadian Dahlquist is still relatively young and the marketing hasn't taken over so the value for dollar is actually quite high.
Their subs are excellent value; heavy 3/4 inch MDF, well braced, excellent drivers and BASH amps.
I also carry Energy and Totem Acoustics in stock too. I've carried Paradigm, Axiom, DefTech, KEF and several more over the years.

U

Unregistered

Thats great to know because I have been hesitating on purchasing the sub/sat set up for the bedroom( you guys have a great price). And you are right they are very subjective...I have looked at your subs I like your factory 2's (which you don't seem to have...I just find the 10" a tad pricey for what it is..and it extends to 28hz.(please don;t take this the wrong way you are the only source right now for info) hsu and svs seem to offer more...this another reason why I have not gone to listen. Thanks for the details provided .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis