Any recommendations for speaker stands for BMR’s

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Just got 2 cherry BMR speakers, these are heavy. Do you guys have any recommendations for stands that are 18” tall and will give a safe support?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Whad’ya think of those speakers, Good4? I’m seriously considering them.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
GREAT! Big bookshelves and heavy but sound is very good. I replaced Philharmonitors and loved them but these are 3 way and are cleaner sounding. I doubt you will be disappointed, I’m sure not.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
GREAT! Big bookshelves and heavy but sound is very good. I replaced Philharmonitors and loved them but these are 3 way and are cleaner sounding. I doubt you will be disappointed, I’m sure not.
Roger, Ty Lashbrook can build you a set of very nice speaker stands. However, the Model 1 stands do cost $400 a set! I owned a set of his Linbrook Signature monitors which are a MTM design. Thus, they were rather heavy coming in at almost 60-lbs. each IIRC. Also owned a set of his Taylo Signature monitors and they weighed right at 30-lbs. or so as well. Here is a link if you are interested:

http://tyleracoustics.com/stands.html

Roger, you have to scroll the page down a bit linked above to see the stands. The pics do not do them justice either. Have seen the Model 1 stands myself and can tell you first hand that they are impressive looking. Might give Ty a call and see if he can customize you a set for the BMR's for around the same price. Never hurts to get an estimate. Congrats on your new speakers! Best wishes in your search.:):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I am considering these speakers myself. I just wish they were more efficient.

Sensitivity 84.5 dB (dB/2.83v/1M)

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
I am considering these speakers myself. I just wish they were more efficient.

Sensitivity 84.5 dB (dB/2.83v/1M)
Well, the new versions with the in-line drivers are 85 dB conservatively rated. But if you want bass into the 30's, something has to give a little.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Hello Dennis,

Thank you for your response. I know my amps will handle your speakers okay, it's just that I thought for smaller speakers meant to be placed on stands they would be a bit more efficient. But it sounds like their rated efficiency is for a good reason. Thanks again.

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
Just got 2 cherry BMR speakers, these are heavy. Do you guys have any recommendations for stands that are 18” tall and will give a safe support?
Glad to see you got the BMRs. There're a great choice & also great bang for the buck. I've listened everyday since I've got them and have been in bliss.

I had a great experience last night, where I totally forget about all is gear and was just took aback by the music.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis