Any recommendations for HDMI transmitter?

W

wings

Enthusiast
I'm looking for recommended wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver to connect a Sony STR-DH520 receiver to an Epson 2045 Projector. In this case running HDMI cable is highly undesirable because it would require a cable run in excess of 35 ft and the room is already finished. This wireless setup will be used only for video (speakers are wired). 1080p and 3D are required. Based on my quick look, the best(?) options I've come across so far include the Nyrius Aries Prime and Pro models, and the Iogear GW3DHDKIT, but I'd appreciate feedback from anyone with experience with these, as well as suggested alternatives. Thanks!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
It seems that the Nyrius Aries is probably the top of the line. Since you are sending audio wired latency is a big issue.

Even so I think your biggest issue is distance. They recommend a distance of no more than 30' and same room, not through walls.

For that money I would use a Ruipro fiber optic cable. I have a 35' run using one of those cables and it is excellent. I would not recommend powering any of the options from the HDMI port and use a voltage inserter. That is what I do and it is excellent. If you have to open walls some to do it and do a repair that is not the end of the world. Sheet rock is easily repaired.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis