Any new projector technology on horizon?

D

dave_in_gva

Audiophyte
I'm looking to upgrade our current projector to one capable of giving us full HD. I don't want to do that in the next 6 months or so if there is some groundbreaking development about to happen. Anything exciting on the horizon and if not, what are the top 3 or 4 projectors I should be considering? Would like to keep it under $3,000.

Thanks,

Dave M

B

BrianATS

Audiophyte
I think for new home theater projectors, you have to go 3D ;)

Does anyone know if projectors going to drop in prices anytime soon? I mean, flat panel TVs went through a massive decline in price, but projectors are still up there.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I think for new home theater projectors, you have to go 3D ;)

Does anyone know if projectors going to drop in prices anytime soon? I mean, flat panel TVs went through a massive decline in price, but projectors are still up there.
5 years ago I bought a 720p projector for $2000. 1080p projectors were $10k+ at that time.
Now you can buy a 1080p for under $1k. I'd say that's a pretty nice drop in cost.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Mitsubishi announced their 1080p 3D projector just recently and Optoma I believe has one coming as well.

I think projector manufacturers are taking consumers for a ride trying to charge $3,500 for these models, but I expect that by next year we should see them under $3,000 and within 2 years under $2,000 for sure.

We may even get a suprise or two in the near term from companies like BenQ who may release a 3D version of the W6000. I'm actually really suprised they haven't already done so.

T

Tadsbud

Enthusiast
Been looking for a projector myself...

Epson has a new line coming out in October if you can wait

A few highlights are in this article

I have my eye on the new 3010 model...
The most aggressively priced unit, the 3010, delivers full HD 3D with two pairs of 3D glasses and an emitter for only $1,599. It is rated at 30,000:1 contrast and 2200 lumens, and is scheduled for shipment in October.
They will also have a 3010e and 5010e that will have wireless capability if that is important to you.

Pretty sweet numbers:cool:

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Fkuc 3d, but I hope soon Laser/Led backlid projectors get cheaper and have higher light output

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
The 4k projectors are going to be much more than $1000 :)

The HMZ-T1 3D visor is what will have a sub-1k price. That has "two 1280x720 0.7-inch OLED panels mounted in front of each eye giving the wearer an experience similar to viewing a 750-inch screen from 20m away, as well as 5.1 surround sound from headphones integrated into the Head Mounted Display."

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
The 4k projectors are going to be much more than $1000 :)

The HMZ-T1 3D visor is what will have a sub-1k price. That has "two 1280x720 0.7-inch OLED panels mounted in front of each eye giving the wearer an experience similar to viewing a 750-inch screen from 20m away, as well as 5.1 surround sound from headphones integrated into the Head Mounted Display."
Ah, that makes a lot more sense. I was misled on my initial skim of the article. I think I habitually tune-out anything having to do with 3D!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis