Any great comparison charts?

MarkSJohnson

MarkSJohnson

Junior Audioholic
Not too long ago when researching a computer purchase, I discovered that CompUSA's website allowed you to "compare" many, many items... not the usual 3 or 5. You could then use the info to delete particular items, then refresh the charts based upon your comparisons.

As I'm starting to research new speakers, I find myself a little overwhelmed in going between all the manufacturer's sites and trying to keep the details of many different models. I love Crutchfield's site for all the great info and photos, but they really don't represent enough brands. Is there ANY site on the net that allows you to compare many models from different manufacturers??

And yes, the decision will ultimately be made with my ears. But it would be great to audition based upon a list of speakers that meet some criteria!

Bicster

Bicster

Audioholic Intern
Off the top of my head none that I can think of, given the amount of variables and options we consumers have. But with a little creativity and Microsoft Excel, you can solve your problem.

D

Dr. Anthony

Audioholic Intern
Hi there

We have created a store exactly like you are describing. We are trying to get all the major internet brands under one roof. We currently have SVS, Onix, soon Ascend Acoustics, an affiliation with Axiom and working on Orb and Aperion. Others we are looking into are Swan, Paradigm, etc. If you give us a call, an email or keep watch on our site, we will be posting information to help you decide.

Give us a ring or email us even to just discuss the bands...we don't mind even if you don't buy with us, just to help out fellow forum users. We are trying to fill the gap and decrease the confusion about buying all these products and make it easier for everyone to choose.

We are also trying to find the best products that the community at large would like to see us offer for one stop shopping and make bundles for better value for forum readers.

Give us an idea what you are looking for: type of music you like and your bass tastes, the size of the room, the size of the speaker you can stand, if it is primarily for home theater/double duty/or only music, type of wattage you want to run or the levels that you would like to achieve, type of finish you would like wood/black lacquer/plastic/metal etc and the price range and we will give you some choices...even if we dont sell it :).

We might want to invest in a comparison engine to list things side by side... a look toward the future. That's a good idea we have to look into :)

Thanks. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis