Any Good? AVR 8000  HK reciever

W

whiteshark

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Just wanted to see before i sink 2000.00 onto this model if anyone has any experiance with this unit.
I currently have a Luxman l-530 2 channel amp 120 watt,clean,big power. I want to get into DVD-A and SACD but want clean,big power even on low volume

Any ideas of this unit

Thanks in advance,brand new member,love this forum man
Mike</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
hawke : <font color='#000000'>Unless you are in out of the USA, this receiver should run you about $1400 (look up the price on PriceGrabber.com)
Compare against the Yamaha RX-V3300

Enjoy - this is what I call a &quot;Quality Problem&quot;</font>
<font color='#0000FF'>

Another Yamaha plug. Folks out at Audio Asylum forum are gonna call you a unabashed Yamaha promoter.

&nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
<font color='#000000'>Well, I own an RX-V3000, so it's a no-brainer for me in that price range. I Like the 2 channel effects speakers better than 7.1. Just my personal preference...</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
hawke : <font color='#000000'>Well, I own an RX-V3000, so it's a no-brainer for me in that price range. I Like the 2 channel effects speakers better than 7.1. Just my personal preference...</font>
<font color='#0000FF'>Only when I watch movies do I use my surrounds on the AZ-1. Otherwise it is strictly two chanel for music with all tone conrols and processor bypassed with my MX-1 power amps and the AZ-1 in pre-amp role.

Luckily the AZ-1 unlike many other HT recievers has a good pre-amp stage, pretty close to my CX-1000 pre amp.</font>

R

rpgonzalez

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I dont think audioasylum guys would care much about the yamaha plug in light of HK being the alternative. I turned my nose up at receivers and have been shamelessly happier ever since.</font>

P

PierreIsHere

Enthusiast
<font color='#0000FF'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
hawke : I use my RX-V3000 as a pre-pro and to power the effects speakers. The Sherbourn 7/2100 handles all the amplifier duties...

Here's my system configuration
Sherbourn 7/2100?? do you recommend it? where does it stand from the B&amp;K 200.7 and the Aragon 2007??

I'm thinking the B&amp;K Ref50 or shall I go Anthem AVM-20??

Suggest something pls, have a budget of 5000$.

While you're at it, shed some light on the balanced/unbalanced plugs, as the balanced are not available for the Aragon.

Thanks,</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
hawke : <font color='#000000'>I use my RX-V3000 as a pre-pro and to power the effects speakers. The Sherbourn 7/2100 handles all the amplifier duties...

Here's my system configuration</font>
<font color='#0000FF'>I use the Yamaha MX-1 amp. Dual mono design with twin 700VA transformers and ten MOSFET transistors per chanel, four Elna Cerrafine caps with 1000000 pico farads of capacitance and with class A amplification. 260 wpc at 8 ohms with 350 damping factor at 8 ohms into 1KHz. Weighs around 60 lbs.
</font>

PierreIsHere : <font color='#000000'>Sherbourn 7/2100?? do you recommend it? where does it stand from the B&amp;K 2000.7 and the Aragon 2007??

I'm thinking the B&amp;K Ref50 or shall I go Anthem AVM-20??

Suggest something pls, have a budget of 5000$.

While you're at it, shed some light on the balanced/unbalanced plugs, as the unbalanced are not available for the Aragon.</font>
<font color='#000000'>I can't really tell you what system to buy. I love my setup, but it also fit my budget. The Sherbourn is a clean amplifier, and I like Yamaha sound. I haven't done a comparison of my system to the ones you've mentioned, though, so my opinion on that is non-existant.

I do not think you will go wrong with your options.

As for balanced XLR amplifier inputs - the Sherbourn has them, and I've never heard of an amplifier that doesn't have an unbalanced input option. The Aragon 8008X5 has both.

Don't worry about unbalanced XLR inputs/outputs unless your amp and prepro BOTH have them - then use them. They are for active or passive RF noise rejection.

Bottom line is that if you are looking at these particular manufacturers, and are spending $500 for amplifier and processor, and have no way to A-B systems - you will be happy with whatever you choose because you will have no basis for comparison.

But no one will definitively say which is better. Be sure to read this review on the Aragon.</font>

P

PierreIsHere

Enthusiast
<font color='#0000FF'>My mistake, I meant &quot;balanced&quot;, the Aragon 2007 amp doesn't include balanced inputs.

Thanks for the explanation, worries gone regarding balanced/unbalanced issue.

My budget is 5000$ rather than 500$.

I'm off to read the Aragon Review  
</font>

P

PierreIsHere

Enthusiast
<font color='#0000FF'>Mike,

Hope you're not bothered by the disturbance I caused to your thread.

Since I've wanted to own the Denon AVR-5803 since it was released, I was wondering if you considered this option. This unit has Bass Management on the analog input, which is ideal for the DVD-A and SACD. Thought I'd mention that since you're willing to pay 2000$, the Denon's best price I found is 2850$. It has a RJ45 connection for the Digital link. It's technology proof and the Denon could be upgraded to include a firewire port for future digital standard compatibility for SACD and DVD-A. Not to mention 160 watts x 7 8 ohms and THX Ultra 2. If I haven't decided the separates way I could've definitely got the Denon.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis