Any experience with Dayton Cables?

G

Guavamanh

Junior Audioholic
Hey Everyone =)

Just wondering if you guys have any experience with Dayton cables...
They seemed to be priced nicely =D

DAYTON ODC-3 OPTICAL DIGITAL CABLE 3'
DAYTON SW-25 SUBWOOFER CABLE 25'
DAYTON RGB-12 COMPONENT VIDEO CABLE 12'

Thanks =)

edwelly

edwelly

Full Audioholic
I have been VERY happy with my purchases of Dayton cables. So happy in fact that I replaced all of my Monster (I know...) with Dayton cables...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I recommended them to a buddy and he bought quite a few. The construction quality is not first rate, but is still better than expected for the price. Sound wise, they seem to work fine.

For video, I'd recommend www.bluejeanscable.com

J

johsti

Audioholic
I've been using them for a couple years now for all my connections (component, optical, analog audio, etc.), and they work great.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
edwelly said:
So happy in fact that I replaced all of my Monster (I know...) with Dayton cables...

Why did you do that? What did you do with the monster cables?

edwelly

edwelly

Full Audioholic
mtrycrafts said:
Why did you do that? What did you do with the monster cables?
I had budgeted in for $X amount on monster cables before I bought my TV. I found this place and you guys recommended Parts Express. I used the money I had budgeted and bought all new stuff. Most of my exsiting cables where too long, so this was nice treat to not have to twist tie everything up.
The Monster stuff, I put in a box and have used a few pieces here and there. I still have my Monster cable speaker wire on my mains. I paid too much for that to be put into a box :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
edwelly said:
I had budgeted in for $X amount on monster cables before I bought my TV. I found this place and you guys recommended Parts Express. I used the money I had budgeted and bought all new stuff. Most of my exsiting cables where too long, so this was nice treat to not have to twist tie everything up.
The Monster stuff, I put in a box and have used a few pieces here and there. I still have my Monster cable speaker wire on my mains. I paid too much for that to be put into a box :D

thanks. Now I see a better picture. You are using what you have left over where a need arises. Makes sense as there is nothing technically wrong with Monster, just its price and business practices.

edwelly

edwelly

Full Audioholic
nothing wrong at all with Monster. I just wanted everything to match - ok, there I said it... :p
It is a lot easier to get stuff from Parts Express too... If I order it by 3:00 PM, I get it the next day. I did order some speaker cable and tech flex from Westlake though. Westlake's price was the same as Parts Express for the tech flex EXCEPT that Parts Express was for 25ft and Westlake was for 100ft :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis