Any Audio Glitches on Discovery HD Theatre?

J

jamieo

Enthusiast
Hello All

Finally have the HT operational. Everything looks great and sounds great except for 1 issue.

Some of the programming from Discovery HD Theatre (Bird Migration for sure) which hits my AVR as Pro Logic II plays nicely then the audio (a digital optical connection) cuts out (the AVR reads Movie instead of Pro Logic II for about 1 second) then the audio restarts and continues on. It happens every 2-10 minutes. But only on HD Discovery Theatre and only on certain programming. It seems it has to be the signal unless others have had this issue. Any ideas???

Thanks All.

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
I watch that channel pretty often, and have never noticed a problem. My system usually outputs the audio in Dolby Digital, though. If you're on cable or Satellite, there is a setup for choosing the audio format.

EcceCapsa

Audiophyte
I'm pretty sure I had the same problem last night, the only difference is that I was watching a documentary on the Amazon rainforest. I wasn't paying enough attention to notice if my receiver was switching between audio modes, and I just shrugged it off to the rare little satellite glitches one has with Direct TV.

I'll have to check and see if it's still doing it tonight.

J

jamieo

Enthusiast
Thanks EcceCaspa, it did it on mine on the rainforest as well.

Only on Discovery HD and only when in Dolby Digital + Pro Logic IIx audio. I assumed it was my AVR having trouble with one type of audio. Then, however, I watched a movie on Starz HD that was in Dolby Digital + Pro Logic IIx and there were no issues.

Seems like it has to be the signal on Discovery.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis