Anton Yelchin has passed.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Anton Yelchin, actor in 'Star Trek' films, dies in freak car accident at age 27
Kate Mather , Cindy Chang and Matt HamiltonContact Reporters

Actor Anton Yelchin, perhaps best known for his role in the new “Star Trek” films, died early Sunday after his vehicle rolled down his Studio City driveway and trapped the actor against a brick post, authorities confirmed.

Friends went to the 27-year-old actor’s gated hillside home shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday, when he didn’t show up for a rehearsal as expected, L.A. police Officer Jenny Houser told The Times.

Authorities believe Yelchin’s vehicle rolled backward down the steep driveway, Houser said, pinning him against a brick column and security gate.

Investigators with the Los Angeles County coroner's office concluded that Yelchin's death was an accident caused by blunt traumatic asphyxia, Lt. Larry Dietz said. It appeared that Yelchin had not properly put his car in park, Dietz added.

Sunday afternoon outside Yelchin’s English-style three-bedroom home, which is partly shielded by mature trees and tucked below a winding hillside street above Ventura Boulevard.

The black metal gate that blocked the home’s sloping driveway appeared bent and damaged.

The publicist Jennifer Allen also confirmed Yelchin’s death and said the actor’s family has asked for privacy.

Yelchin was born March 11, 1989, in Russia, the only son of Viktor Yelchin and Irina Korina. His parents were celebrity figure skaters in the former Soviet Union, but when their son was six months old, they fled to the U.S. and settled in Los Angeles.

"We were afraid for our son," Viktor Yelchin told The Times in 1989. "It is a very bad situation over there. I would get angry, too--I'd say, 'Why should we have to buy things on the black market? Why should we have to stand in line?'"

Sunday afternoon outside Yelchin’s home.

“He didn’t really like the business, but he loved acting,” said the former classmate who spoke on the condition of anonymity. Yelchin, he said, admired global cinema and valued intellectually stimulating discussions on politics and philosophy.

“It was not about celebrity. He was about acting,” the friend said.

J.J. Abrams, who directed Yelchin in 2009’s “Star Trek” and 2013’s “Star Trek Into Darkness,” tweeted a photo of a handwritten note that reads: “You were brilliant. You were kind. You were funny as hell. And you weren’t here nearly long enough. Missing you, JJ.”

Just saw this online. What a loss, that guy had a gift. I saw him in something recently and he was so good. I always liked his choices in independent movies. RIP Bro.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Saw that yesterday. Pretty shocking.

Caused by a known issue with his vehicle for which there was a recall. Fiat-Chrysler is going get a LOT of bad press from this one.

http://gizmodo.com/anton-yelchin-death-jeep-cherokees-were-recalled-for-c-1782255236
Yeah, they will take a lot of bad press for it. I can understand the issue. I have a 2014 Dodge Durango with the rotary dial gear selector. Even 2 years later, I still occasionally put it in drive when I wanted Park. It is such a departure in motion from years of automatics and manual transmissions that you have to be very conscious about looking at it and making sure you have it positioned where you intended. More than once the vehicle rolled forward when I put it in drive instead of park. Oops.

I can see how it happened. Tragic and avoidable.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I was watching a great documentary on Anton called Love, Astosha on Tubi TV(free and lots of great stuff) last night. I didn’t know he was sickly his entire short life. Didn’t know he made over 60 movies in his lifetime. The third anniversary of his death is next month.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis