Anthem 1140 Too Difficult to Use

A

AllessioV

Audiophyte
Just bought an 1140.

first thing…it shuts off automatically after a random period of time.

using the ops manual to help here is of no value.

next, want to add it to my WiFi network. The instructions don’t match the menu system on the unit. Normally there is a very simple way to do this.

HOW DO I DO THIS FOLKS?

1) See the “Sleep Timer” or disable it.
2) Connect to WiFi?

These are typically very simple to do with modern electronics. Why is it so difficult with Paradigm/Anthem?

Unbelievable.

Alessio Ventura
Casalvieri, FR, Italia

D

dolynick

Audioholic
1) Menu > Preferences > No Signal Power Off. Default is 20 minutes I believe.

2) Menu > Network > Wifi Settings. You'll have to provide your network SSID and password if it is not an open network (which it shouldn't be).

I agree that the network setup is a little touchy on the current Anthems. I prefer to connect a wire and let it pick up an IP from DHCP, then revise changes via the web UI. It's just easier than trying to input string or IP settings with the remote.

In Anthem's defense here, wifi would only be able to connect automatically if you had an open network. There's no way they can preconfigure a unit from factory for a properly secured wifi network which will have a personalized SSID and password that they have no inkling on. Connecting via a wire is more plug and play to start for this reason (provided your router/network provides DHCP, which most do by default).

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Tend to agree with you on the manual, took me a bit to find:
"When there is no input signal, the MRX/AVM turns off after the selected time: 5, 10, or 20 minutes, 1, 2, or 6 hours, or “Never.”
Default is 20 minutes." In the preferences area.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis