Another low for our good friend Tucker Carlson

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Little fucker carlson as he's better known. I try and ignore him as much as possible, such an embarassing human being.

J

jhaider

Audioholic Intern
That’s the supercilious little pipsqueak who used to wear a bow tie on This Week with David Brinkley in the 1990s, right? The spoiled brat with a trust fund from TV dinners? Why would anyone care what that microwaved underbelly of a WASP has to say?

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Tucker is a great argument for not allowing inheritances.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Unfortunately, he is FOXs highest rated commentator. Which means a whole lot of people are buying into his lies. :(
Maybe he should move to Russia...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Unfortunately, he is FOXs highest rated commentator. Which means a whole lot of people are buying into his lies. :(
Maybe he should move to Russia...
Yeah, I know a few. The fake news is preferred by many on the right....nothing like hearing what your twisted mind wants to hear....

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, I know a few. The fake news is preferred by many on the right....nothing like hearing what your twisted mind wants to hear....
That is true. I imagine there's some viewers who want to be lied to. Plus you have to think Tucker probably has contempt for his audience. :confused:

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
He convinced a judge no reasonable person would believe what he says. That's possible, but it doesn't mean there aren't a h*ll of a lot of unreasonable people out there.

>>>When Tucker Carlson says on his show “[r]emember the facts of the story; these are undisputed" no reasonable person would believe that he was about to state facts. At least, that was Tucker Carlson's own argument in defending himself from a libel suit.

That argument convinced U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil, who dismissed a lawsuit brought by model and actress Karen McDougal. McDougal sued for defamation, alleging Carlson baselessly told his audience she was extorting the President. President Trump allegedly paid $150,000 to help keep quiet a year-long affair with the former Playboy model.<<<<

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
So do I, but are you implying that the so called left do not prefer fake news as well?

Years ago, respectable news departments had real reporters asking hard questions with minimal spin. An editorial was labeled as such so that there was little doubt it was an opinion piece. They had hard nosed reporters based in international locations that were physically challenging. The really good reporters then assumed the old maxim that all governments lie, Vietnam, et al.
All that's been cut away for sensationalism and ratings by the 5 to 6 corporations that own the Media.

For the younger crowd, if you have not seen it. watch the movie "Network", made in 1975. The older crowd might benefit from re-watching. Its a brilliant piece of satire that 45 years ago captured where we are now. If you get it, you will laugh your a@@ off.
I've had my vent, time for coffee....

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
So do I, but are you implying that the so called left do not prefer fake news as well?

Years ago, respectable news departments had real reporters asking hard questions with minimal spin. An editorial was labeled as such so that there was little doubt it was an opinion piece. They had hard nosed reporters based in international locations that were physically challenging. The really good reporters then assumed the old maxim that all governments lie, Vietnam, et al.
All that's been cut away for sensationalism and ratings by the 5 to 6 corporations that own the Media.
I'd say the biggest problem is Faux's journalistic standards are the Big Lie. At minimum their primetime slots. Because Faux/Republicans thing is about lies & conspiracies, it requires a certain amount of pricks to do that. Ghouliani, Gates, MGT, Trump, Kelly Anne Conway, "Gym" Jordan. There's many many more on that end. Then there's Rogan, Hannity, Tucker, Ingraham, Coulter, Dobbs, etc. That end goes on forever too. People even Republican voters would be hard pressed to admit they like. Seems the conservative media's whole schtick is fear, hate, and conspiracies. That's their platform to winning elections. Not deciphering what makes them a better choice. They have far too many political actors and not news reporters.

Now the left don't discuss policy, but they do have journalism regarding the behavior/character problems of the people above. Because they're lying so much they just use it against them. Across the board they seem to maintain some level of news reporting. On the dickheadery from the right.

The silliness I find is this desire for this pure journalism where it's this objectivity. That ain't happening on either side. CNN isn't going to report the bad their people are doing. That's not how it goes, but conservatives will cry about it saying it isn't fair. Even though it's their f--king job over there at Faux Noise to report what they're up to with some semblance of investigative journalism.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I get the feeling between ratings and winning elections the game plan is hate & fear. To galvanize voters into a stir. But there's a void too because conservatives argument is what's going on behind-the-scenes yet provide little of that in depth reporting from Faux. In that regard, Drudge might do a better job LOL

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
This is just a dumb and ignorant statement for far too many reasons.

For the younger crowd, if you have not seen it. watch the movie "Network", made in 1975. The older crowd might benefit from re-watching. Its a brilliant piece of satire that 45 years ago captured where we are now. If you get it, you will laugh your a@@ off.
I've had my vent, time for coffee....
I do somewhat agree with you here, but the real source for much reduced real and HARD journalism has a simple reason - people stopped paying for news. Fewer Newspapers sales -> Fewer newspaper ads exposure -> Smaller profits from News ads. All of the above heavily affects the bottom line. Except NPR no other news organization gets any federal money, which is a shame since in the UK BBC is publically funded and somewhat free of being forced to do crap just to earn more. BBC is not without their own problems, but just saying - maybe accurate news reporting and making money somehow should be separated.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Don't watch Fox but the shows you are mentioning are all opinion shows from what i understand.
All the characters you mention have their counterparts on the left. All of the points about the media you make in the first paragraph can be applied to the rest of the media (excepting CSPAN).

Fear, hate and conspiracies are selling points for all Media. It helps keep the population distracted and fighting itself instead of the attacking and questioning the power at the top

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Don't watch Fox but the shows you are mentioning are all opinion shows from what i understand.
All the characters you mention have their counterparts on the left. All of the points about the media you make in the first paragraph can be applied to the rest of the media (excepting CSPAN).

Fear, hate and conspiracies are selling points for all Media. It helps keep the population distracted and fighting itself instead of the attacking and questioning the power at the top
I started to reply to your post, but instead I invoke Brandolini’s law.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I really wanted to avoid doing this, but you left me no choice to mark this post as disagree because you spread misinformation. Only right biased media and GOP use these tools

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Now the left don't discuss policy, but they do have journalism regarding the behavior/character problems of the people above. Because they're lying so much they just use it against them. Across the board they seem to maintain some level of news reporting. On the dickheadery from the right.
You make a great observation here. If I want to journalism regarding behavior/character problems of people, I'll read people magazine. Remember it was the left that told the country during the Clinton years that character doesn't matter, its the policies so please disregard the 20 year old girl under my desk.

They don't discuss policies because they would have to acknowledge that some do not work and they can't defend them. Let's talk about Defunding the Police and how high Government Spending is not inflationary in the next segment!

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
I really wanted to avoid doing this, but you left me no choice to mark this post as disagree because you spread misinformation. Only right biased media and GOP use these tools
That's your right. I would really reflect on that last sentence and maybe go read "A Brave New World" as penance....but you have the right not to as well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis