Announcing the hPod Digital Music Player... uh, by HP

Hewlett-Packard Co. today will unveil a range of products including its branded version of the iPod digital music player that raises the stakes in a war between PC and electronics makers for a spot in increasingly digitized living rooms. Earlier this month, HP executives showed the new products to reporters. They included a Digital Entertainment Center, which works as a personal video recorder and ties together movies, digital music and a stereo, among other functions.

The HP-branded version of Apple's iPod has unofficially been dubbed the "hPod". HP is expecting to quickly outsell Apple's iPod offering through its distribution channels in retail store outlets.

Attachments

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
Amongst us who make our living with computers we call HP Hewlett Crappard. We usually recommend purchasing from other manufacturers. This does not apply to printers. I would be sceptical of any HP branded I-Pod. The software necessary for proper operation is probably unobtainable. :cool:

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Under normal circumstance I would agree with that last post, having dealt with HP a lot( I'm in IT as well) However, Apple would not have it, it is just an Apple iPod with an HP logo. iTunes is what you will use with it.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
I certainly hope so Jeff. Maybe HP will allow discount sales. In that case I might be tempted to purchase one. I would have to be very tempted as I really abhor headphones. Incidentally I have a pair of Stax and still don't like phones.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis