An Audioholics Bose Headphone Recommended Product?!?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The Bose Model NCH700 Noise Cancelling headphones incorporates a total of 8 microphones, which are used in different combinations for different tasks. When the user is speaking to a voice assistant or making a phone call, a 4-microphone array is in use. Two dedicated beam-forming mics pick up only your voice, largely ignoring background noise. Meanwhile another pair of mics is employed by the noise-cancelling circuit to examine background noise in real time, in order to eliminate it on the fly. Bose says that this system adapts better to windy and noisy environments than that of any competitor.

With all of this technology under the hood, it would seem that Bose has unleashed an all-out attack on the state of the noise-cancelling headphone industry with its new NCH700.

Do you want to own these? I know we definitely wanna check them out. Yes I know, It's BOSE!

bonchp700tb.jpg

Read: Bose Focuses On Innovative Tech With The Noise Cancelling Headphones 700

G

Grant.M

Audioholic
The Bose Model NCH700 Noise Cancelling headphones incorporates a total of 8 microphones, which are used in different combinations for different tasks. When the user is speaking to a voice assistant or making a phone call, a 4-microphone array is in use. Two dedicated beam-forming mics pick up only your voice, largely ignoring background noise. Meanwhile another pair of mics is employed by the noise-cancelling circuit to examine background noise in real time, in order to eliminate it on the fly. Bose says that this system adapts better to windy and noisy environments than that of any competitor.

With all of this technology under the hood, it would seem that Bose has unleashed an all-out attack on the state of the noise-cancelling headphone industry with its new NCH700.

Do you want to own these? I know we definitely wanna check them out. Yes I know, It's BOSE!

View attachment 30531

Read: Bose Focuses On Innovative Tech With The Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
The mic array looks pretty interesting! Not a huge fan of that head band though, but it might be comfortable.

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Well, this particular model really does make me curious. I guess here it’s the same ol’ question of whether you’d want your hard earned money going to this particular company. I wouldn’t mind.

G

Grant.M

Audioholic
Well, this particular model really does make me curious. I guess here it’s the same ol’ question of whether you’d want your hard earned money going to this particular company. I wouldn’t mind.
I agree, as long as it’s a good product and lives up to its promises, I don’t care what name is stamped on there!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I agree, as long as it’s a good product and lives up to its promises, I don’t care what name is stamped on there!
So, they could employ children in sweat shops and you would be OK with it?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Obviously not, but it's those kind of questions on should ask himself. I don't see Bose coning people, they are clear about having their "own sound" and catering to humans ear and not accurate production.

This is not my "hifilosophy", :) but as long as they're clear about what they're doing, I could buy their product.

highfigh

highfigh

Obviously not, but it's those kind of questions on should ask himself. I don't see Bose coning people, they are clear about having their "own sound" and catering to humans ear and not accurate production.

This is not my "hifilosophy", :) but as long as they're clear about what they're doing, I could buy their product.
They can say whatever they want, but they're just going for the averages. Not a bad way to go if someone wants to sell a lot of something.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
They can say whatever they want, but they're just going for the averages. Not a bad way to go if someone wants to sell a lot of something.
True! I wanted to say that I would find false claims more of a deterrent than just saying one should go for a certain sound signature.

G

Grant.M

Audioholic
Hahah, no I wouldn’t be okay with that. I don’t care for brands and companies that have inhumane practices. And I knew someone was going to get smart about that post. :rolleyes::p

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have a pair of the Bose QC25's.
They are a good sounding set of headphones!
I do like my Sennheisers much better for SQ, but when you factor in the Noise cancelling technology, I haven't heard a better all-around solution for long flights (the steady drone of the engines can fatigue me or give me a headache on transcontinental flights; jet-lag is worse). I expect eventually Bose will lose their lead in NC tech, but I'm not sure it has happened yet!
It is something we take for granted now, but for those of us who remember travelling many hours in a car with the windows rolled down in the summer, it is significant how much more refreshed we arrive at our destination now that auto AC is a given! Some of that is having a truly cooled car, but a lot of it is the fatigue from wind noise/buffeting (although the old vent windows did wonders to reduce buffeting)!
So if this new headphone betters the performance of their current models, I expect it is a very good product!

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a pair of the Bose QC25's.
They are a good sounding set of headphones!
I do like my Sennheisers much better for SQ, but when you factor in the Noise cancelling technology, I haven't heard a better all-around solution for long flights (the steady drone of the engines can fatigue me or give me a headache on transcontinental flights). I expect eventually Bose will lose their lead in NC tech, but I'm not sure it has happened yet!
It is something we take for granted now, but for those of us who remember travelling many hours in a car with the windows rolled down in the summer, it is significant how much more refreshed we arrive at our destination now that auto AC is a given! Some of that is having a truly cooled car, but a lot of it is the fatigue from wind noise/buffeting (although the old vent windows did wonders to reduce buffeting)!
So if this new headphone betters the performance of their current models, I expect it is a very good product!
I'm gonna report this as a hijacked account.

Let Kurt go unharmed and we won't call the police.

highfigh

highfigh

True! I wanted to say that I would find false claims more of a deterrent than just saying one should go for a certain sound signature.
I used to think that audio systems should be tailored to the owner's hearing, but then came to the conclusion that everyone else would hate the sound. I think we all have read or heard someone say that a particular speaker was the best thing they have ever heard and we wondered if that person actually had ears. The signature of one speaker isn't going to make everyone happy, which is the reason we have so many speakers.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I used to think that audio systems should be tailored to the owner's hearing, but then came to the conclusion that everyone else would hate the sound. I think we all have read or heard someone say that a particular speaker was the best thing they have ever heard and we wondered if that person actually had ears. The signature of one speaker isn't going to make everyone happy, which is the reason we have so many speakers.
My point being that I don,'t see a company that goes for the sound signature and is open about it as dishonest. They could have my money if I like what they're selling. As long as everything is fair and to the power of 2.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic

hell yeah i want to own these

i've been using their qc15 for a few years now. since 2014.

up to recently, the only problem i've had is with the ear padding. i opened the case and saw the right side popped open like a can of biscuits.

got a replacement set and all is well.

i've talked to people with the windows down and they say that only my voice is audible. i can't wait to see how much better it might be with eight microphones.

can you imagine if movie theaters had noise canceling to block off talking or babies crying?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis