G

<font color='#000000'>I have a new Yamaha RX V2400. (first decision made)

I have been auditioning speakers when and if I can. Internet order only speakers I have been setting up auditioning when and where possible.

I will either get Axiom, Rocket, or Paradigm. &nbsp;(still researching)

Front mains will be 4ohm, center and surround bi-pols 6ohm, all about 300- 400W speakers.

The rears will be 8ohm, about 175-200 W. The sub will be an SVS 20-39 PCi. (second decision made)

For amplifiers I've thought about a 5 channel and 2 channel or 3-2 channel or something of that order. I really don't want a 7 channel (rack only supports 90lbs per shelf)

I would like at least 300W per channel.

I've thought about used so I am watching the market but I am leaning strongly toward new.

Currently I have enough information to narrow my choices down to the following 3 brands

Adcom
Parasound
Sunfire

My price point for all 7 channels will be somewhere around $4k to $5K.

There are more and if someone feels that another brand will give me the performance I want for the money I have to expend Please comment.

Thanks...

Mark</font>

<font color='#000080'>Why on earth would you get an amp with those speakers? Get the speakers first and then, if you are unhappy with the performance of the 2400, look at amps. The 2400 isn't Class-D so it should actually sound pretty decent.

To rush out and buy an external amp before even hearing the Yamaha kinda sounds like you are doing it for prestige ior because someone led you to believe you needed to.

Just trying to save you some money...</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>As hawke suggests, dont go for the hype and ruin the nice sonic character of your RXV-2400 with an external amp till you have given the full ears to your RXV-2400, with today's well designed high efficiency speakers, you would be shocked at the SPL you get.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Of all the comments I have received for the questions I have posted or all the threads I have read posted by others pertaining to the aquisition of amplifiers your two post are the most cogent responses I have read.

Even with that crack about prestige... &nbsp;

Actually, I will be using the yamaha for some months before I do or do not get amplifiers.

I am doing the research in the event that my theater room expansion deems it necessary to add power...

My theater room is currently 16X24 and will be expanded to 32X24 by May.

I love my music and movies at a sound quality and level that enables me to hear what is in the sound tracks.

Keep in mind other than sound rooms at the local home theater/stereo stores I haven't really listened to the current technology. &nbsp;My current system is 12 years old.

So, your advise, as I noted earlier, is right on. &nbsp;Thank you.

Mark</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>SPL Calculator

Hi,

Please do check out this link and find out how much power you really do need.</font>

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
markfh : <font color='#000000'>Of all the comments I have received for the questions I have posted or all the threads I have read posted by others pertaining to the aquisition of amplifiers your two post are the most cogent responses I have read.</font>
<font color='#000080'>Welcome to Audioholics. Tell your friends. &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis