Amp with Yammie 1400???

C

curtisblow

Audiophyte
I'm brand new to this forum (and HT for that matter) so I apologize if this has been covered before. I currently have a RXV-1400 hooked up to Paradigm Mini-Monitors as fronts, older Rock Solid Solutions Monitors (inherited from wife) as surrounds and a Canton center channel. A Boston PV1000 takes care of the bass. I have a rather small living room and a 42" plasma mounted over the fireplace so I really dig this set up for HT.

However, I always enjoyed that "thick 1980's era" sound of my previous older harman kardon and luxman stereo receivers when listening to music and feel my current set-up is too bright. By adding a separate "warm" or tube amp to the Yammie for at least the front speakers, will the speakers play the "warm" sound coming from the amp, or does the amp just add power to the yammie's already exisiting sound? If the former, any recommendations on what amp to use? And how does adding this amp effect the HT output or the ability to listen to varoius DSP modes?

Many thanks for any insight!

toquemon

toquemon

Full Audioholic
curtisblow said:
I'm brand new to this forum (and HT for that matter) so I apologize if this has been covered before. I currently have a RXV-1400 hooked up to Paradigm Mini-Monitors as fronts, older Rock Solid Solutions Monitors (inherited from wife) as surrounds and a Canton center channel. A Boston PV1000 takes care of the bass. I have a rather small living room and a 42" plasma mounted over the fireplace so I really dig this set up for HT.

However, I always enjoyed that "thick 1980's era" sound of my previous older harman kardon and luxman stereo receivers when listening to music and feel my current set-up is too bright. By adding a separate "warm" or tube amp to the Yammie for at least the front speakers, will the speakers play the "warm" sound coming from the amp, or does the amp just add power to the yammie's already exisiting sound? If the former, any recommendations on what amp to use? And how does adding this amp effect the HT output or the ability to listen to varoius DSP modes?

Many thanks for any insight!
I have a RXV1400 receiver too and a Harman Kardon AVR70 (1997) is being used to bi-amp the front channels; results? bass is a little more defined than when i wasn't using the HK, but overall balance keeps more or less the same.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis