B

bigsteff

Audiophyte
Currently running: 2 NAD 2400 thx amps, NAD C165BEE preamp, Emotiva DAC, Klipsch Chorus I's and JBL L60ts for my music system. The system is strong, warm, but seems a little dull and lacks detail. I was thinking an amp upgrade might unlock or wake up the system. I am considering maybe the Emotiva Basx A4 power amp, inexpensive and the SPECS look good. Is it reasonable to expect the new amp to sound better than 30 yr old amps? I appreciate any suggestions or comments.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Unless your current amps have fallen out of spec over the years I would expect it to be a lateral move. You're best off looking at upgrading speakers before amplification if sound quality is what you're after. I have no idea what you have going on for your layout and speaker positioning, but room acoustics and speaker placement are often overlooked too. The best speakers in the world can be handicapped with poor placement. Just a consideration.

I'm a little confused as to what you're doing with 2 different sets of speakers? Is this for 2 separate systems or are you using a pair for surrounds?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What does dull and lack detail even mean? I'd say if your speakers act like that time for new speakers. I'm also curious about speaker setup...two pairs of speakers? Unless your old amps have developed issues it's much more likely your speakers/room/setup.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis