O

Oldbear63

Audiophyte
Good powered computer studio monitors tend to be expensive. I was considering trying to go modular, with a separate amplifier to run a pair of good book shelf speakers.
Is this a practical idea or is sticking with well engineered powered monitors a better route?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Good powered computer studio monitors tend to be expensive. I was considering trying to go modular, with a separate amplifier to run a pair of good book shelf speakers.
Is this a practical idea or is sticking with well engineered powered monitors a better route?
You can but there good powered monitors for under 300 a pair

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
You can but there good powered monitors for under 300 a pair
No, you could find really good pro active monitors for under $300 ;-)
Jbl lsr305mk2 are often on sale for example. Depending on budget some of Behringer offerings are also good option.

It really all depends on a) your budget and b) can you live with full sized receiver for your amp. A second hand reciever is by far the best bang for your buck, for both features and quality.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
No, you could find really good pro active monitors for under $300 ;-)
Jbl lsr305mk2 are often on sale for example. Depending on budget some of Behringer offerings are also good option.

It really all depends on a) your budget and b) can you live with full sized receiver for your amp. A second hand reciever is by far the best bang for your buck, for both features and quality.
Agreed

O

Oldbear63

Audiophyte
That is what I needed to know.
Any other recommendations? Anything to avoid?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis