Am I missing out on some good sounding Stereo Receivers or do these sound similar?

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Kyocera,H/K,Denon,Marantz I finally purchased an H/K Receiver and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT it gave my Bose 201 V Stereo Speakers more Bass.

Attachments

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Probably not missing out on good sounding receiver.

Absolutely missing out on good sounding speakers :eek:

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Yeah I agree been wanting to try other Speakers Monitor Audio,Dynaco Tannoy & PSB.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Speakers are always the top of the food chain. It is the speaker that is going play the biggest role in determining the sound and freq response of your system.

Consider this: The speaker is the ONLY part of the system that is a transducer. It is where the electrical signal gets converted to a mechanical movement that couples to the movement of the air. (Unless you have a turntable, then the stylus is a transducer that converts mechanical movement to an electrical signal).

The general rule of thumb is to spend about 70% of your budget on the speakers.

J

Jegal

Enthusiast
I am in the same problem, I have to change my old Carves and perhaps my Bose Acoustimass 5. I am looking for help, I am lost out there. I am looking at a Marantz pm7005 and a Rotel ra 12 with small speakers (my wife doesn't want big stuff in our living room, I used to have JBLs, but I had to take them away), I have a 21 x 18' living room. I appreciate your help

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
These are fairly small, and would sound much better than those acoustimass toys :

http://www.nhthifi.com/Bookshelf-speaker-SuperZero-2-0_2

If your wife doesn't like those, just gently suggest that she'll get used to them, like those curtains she insisted on that you don't like. ;)

And maybe you could hide a decent subwoofer somewhere inconspicuous. Some people use subwoofers as end tables.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

Last edited:
TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
I think I am starting to get used to my Bose 201 V Stereo Speakers lost of Bass nice clear sound quality. I think Bose Aucoustimass 5 are Excellent Speakers. JBL is one of my favorite pairs of speakers despite the fact that I only heard one pair of Speakers unknown Model Number hooked up to some vintage H/K Receiver Unknown Model Number. I am not familiar with your Rotel or Marantz Amps/Receivers you are changing out Carver Receivers? I am not familiar with their sound quality yet!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis