Altec Lansing Backbeat Pro Earphones Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Altec Lansing has been known as a manufacturer of both pro audio and consumer audio loudspeakers and equipment for many years. Purchased by Plantronics in 2005, Altec Lansing's pro line develops such products as powered speakers, ceiling speakers and full-range speakers. Their consumer line, under which fall their Backbeat line of earphones, includes comprehensive line of headphones, computer speakers and home audio products. We were interested to see that they extended their Backbeat line of earphones to include a new “Pro” line that promises musician-quality earphones that will satisfy professionals and consumers alike. I know a lot of musicians – many of whom aren't even deaf yet – so I set out at once to see if these earphones were a marked improvement and worth their $99 asking price.

Discuss "Altec Lansing Backbeat Pro Earphones Review" here. Read the article.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
Nice review. I've never liked the ear buds that came with my iPod nano shuffle, but I never really liked listening to it. My youngest son, on the other hand, would probably love these, especially if the bass is as pronounced as the review states.

And any time you're listening to Steely Dan, I'm in with that so I can really visualize (auralize???) the tracks you mentioned and the review gives me a good feel for that.

I know it's possible to graph frequency response curves for speakers, but can you do the same for headphones? It doesn't seem that outlandish to wonder, but, then again, I'm not a very technical guy.

My son, though, goes through a set of ear buds about every 6 months, so I'm wondering if it'd be worthwhile to spend this much money on a pair. Oh, wait, a build quality rating of 3... probably be ruined in pretty short order. I guess I'll have to pass.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis