JVC

JVC

Banned
<font color='#000000'>Anyone here familiar with Allison speakers?
What do you think of them?
Thx.........</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Having heard the Allison AL-120 years back I was impressed with their clarity and accuracy, however like Yamaha speakers they are bass shy to most so you have to see what your criterial for good speaker is and then decide on them.</font>

JVC

JVC

Banned
<font color='#000000'>I have a pair of Allison AL-115 speakers. Have had them for over 10 yrs. They sound as good today, as they did the day I bought them! I love them, and would love to get some more. But I can't afford them, nowdays. I wouldn't say these are very bass shy, as you put it. The first few months I had them, I didn't have a sub. Everything sounded great. The following Christmas, my wife got me a sub, so it does the bass now.
I was just wondering how others, that had some, liked theirs. I appreciate the answer. If I'm allowedto do this, you can go to this site and see Allisons.
www.allisonacoustics.com
My AL-115 is now called the PB 8.2</font>

C

capeman228

Audiophyte
Allison Speakers

THis is an old post, but I'll make a comment anyway.

Can't really say much about new Allisons. I have a pair of vintage Allison Ones as my mains; I've had them for more than 20 years, and they sound just as fantastic as when they were new....and they are not bass shy at all.

The new Ones are, I think, the same basic design.

I use an Allison Two as my center, and a couple of the little 7's as rear speakers in my 7.1 setup. I love the sound; clear, neutral; not as precise in imaging as some other designs, but still very good and for more than a tiny 'sweet spot'.

The 6 and 7's by the way, are still around on the used market and are a terrific bargain if you are looking for a small speaker with a smooth, neutral sound.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis