Alexa feed skipping when playing through my Yamaha audio reciever

T

toad97

Audiophyte
Hi - question for the group. I bought my Yamaha RX-V481 a couple of years ago and successfully connected it via Bluetooth with my Echo Dot. I could get Alexa to play music from Amazon Music with no trouble. The other night, the music was skipping, but only when playing through the audio receiver. If I only listened to it through my Echo Dot, or my other Echo device, it worked fine. My TV is also set up to transmit sound through the audio receiver/speakers and the sound is perfect, with no skipping. Clearly the trouble seems to be the Bluetooth connection between the Echo and the receiver. I installed the system upgrade for the audio receiver, disconnected my Echo, reconnected everything, and it's still skipping when playing music. Anyone else experience this problem when playing music through the Amazon Echo and their Bluetooth receiver? Any suggestions for what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No idea but sometimes a soft rreset (i.e. unplugging the avr for a while) can clear something like that up....

James S.

James S.

Junior Audioholic
i can't comment on that specific issue, but I use a bluetooth connection in my truck for playing music off my phone. It skips every once in a while. I tried looking researching reasons and it seems it is just the nature of bluetooth between some devices.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi - question for the group. I bought my Yamaha RX-V481 a couple of years ago and successfully connected it via Bluetooth with my Echo Dot. I could get Alexa to play music from Amazon Music with no trouble. The other night, the music was skipping, but only when playing through the audio receiver. If I only listened to it through my Echo Dot, or my other Echo device, it worked fine. My TV is also set up to transmit sound through the audio receiver/speakers and the sound is perfect, with no skipping. Clearly the trouble seems to be the Bluetooth connection between the Echo and the receiver. I installed the system upgrade for the audio receiver, disconnected my Echo, reconnected everything, and it's still skipping when playing music. Anyone else experience this problem when playing music through the Amazon Echo and their Bluetooth receiver? Any suggestions for what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.
Did you know that you can use an audio cable from an Echo to a stereo? Buy a Dot and link it to the other one, so you won't lose the connection or have buffering. Also, hardwire any network connections, if possible. WiFi IS NOT the best way, regardless of what anyone says..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis