Airplay Upgrade on Denon 4311 is a Pain

S

scottyb

Audioholic Intern
I keep getting a message everytime I turn on my Denon 4311 stating the Airplay Upgrade Package. I try to update but nothing happens. I can't figure out how to stop the message from popping up. I read on the net that you have to pay 49.00 for this upgrade package. This is under Options-Setup-Add New Feature. Anyone else figure this out?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I keep getting a message everytime I turn on my Denon 4311 stating the Airplay Upgrade Package. I try to update but nothing happens. I can't figure out how to stop the message from popping up. I read on the net that you have to pay 49.00 for this upgrade package. This is under Options-Setup-Add New Feature. Anyone else figure this out?
Is your receiver connected to your network? If not, you won't be able to upgrade or update anything.

RTFM- go into the menu and look in the 'Network Setup, Other' section. You can turn upgrade/update notifications off.

If you don't plan to connect it to your network, I have to wonder why you bought that model. It can do so much that makes it more flexible than many others that unless someone properly sets it up and demonstrates it, it will take a long time to wade through all of its features.

S

scottyb

Audioholic Intern
I have it connected to my router but not had a chance to mess with it through my computer. I can listed to pandora, internet radio, etc.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have it connected to my router but not had a chance to mess with it through my computer. I can listed to pandora, internet radio, etc.
If you can do those, it's definitely connected to the network. If you haven't accessed the receiver using your browser, it may be easier than using the menu for setting this up. When you enter the receiver's IP address, you'll have the choice to control the Main Zone or another zone. You may need to name the receiver, then look for that name in iTunes.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis