Aim-able In-Wall Speakers?

gmoniey

gmoniey

Enthusiast
The layout of my room isn't ideal and to mitigate some of the issues, I'd like to explore aim-able inwall speakers so that I can direct them to the MLP.

In my search, I've only found Speakercraft and maybe Triad (although I haven't been able to verify).

Anyone aware of other brands that I should consider?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Not sure I follow...you're saying those are great brands?
I run Speakercraft In-Ceilings Aim8 Fives. I have absolutely no complaints from the performance of these speakers.
On the In-Walls I highly recommend getting Engineered Back Boxes. This will improve Sound Quality alot.

Triad also makes great In-Wall/In-Ceiling speakers. They make the speakers to your application. Triad comes with Back Boxes

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
You could get speakers that have consistent off axis response like Kef or Revel that you would not need to aim them, just having them in the general direction and at ear level will result in quality sound.

gmoniey

gmoniey

Enthusiast
You could get speakers that have consistent off axis response like Kef or Revel that you would not need to aim them, just having them in the general direction and at ear level will result in quality sound.
I wasn't aware of the off axis concept. Is this something you set on the speaker itself. This revel model seems to suggest it does on and off axis

gmoniey

gmoniey

Enthusiast
I run Speakercraft In-Ceilings Aim8 Fives. I have absolutely no complaints from the performance of these speakers.
On the In-Walls I highly recommend getting Engineered Back Boxes. This will improve Sound Quality alot.
Thanks for the endorsement. I just need to find a dealer for them now.

I was surprised they don't come in boxes (or have that option). Any suggestion on where to source the back boxes from?

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
I wasn't aware of the off axis concept. Is this something you set on the speaker itself. This revel model seems to suggest it does on and off axis
No, it’s not something you can set.

It’s built into the design behind the speaker.

Kef and Revel craft their crossovers, high order- lots of components, to eliminate phase issues and provide seamless bridging between the drivers so that off axis performance does not suffer.

Many cheaper brands that use low component, generic and cheap crossovers that result in horrid off axis response and barely sound decent on axis.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
The layout of my room isn't ideal and to mitigate some of the issues, I'd like to explore aim-able inwall speakers so that I can direct them to the MLP.

In my search, I've only found Speakercraft and maybe Triad (although I haven't been able to verify).

Anyone aware of other brands that I should consider?
Triad does not have aim-able InWall speakers but they do have very good off-axis response, so it shouldn't be needed.

Billy106

Billy106

Audioholic Intern
Amiable tweeters or angled baffle would work. I recently switched over to Monitor Audio CP (architectural series) with adjustable tweeter, HF and boundary settings. Nice improvement over the speakers I replaced and aesthetically more appealing which in large part was the determining factor.

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis