R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
I just got some Aerial 5B's off ebay after listening to my friend's Aerial 5's. Been waiting for a nice pair to pop up on ebay for some time. Original box, receipt. Pristine. Nice rosewood finish. I almost didn't buy these because of everything going on in the world, but I figured, what the hell. Gotta keep living.

4 ohm. 85db. USA made. 2007. 22 lbs. Sealed. Solid as rock. It's got that immediate, live sound. Some really nice bass separation. I'm hearing sounds I've never heard before in songs, from the snap of fingers in Rick James' "Ghetto Life" to the quiet winding a clock in Pink Floyd's "Time". It's got a floor to ceiling image. There's also so much depth to the sound. In George Michael's "Careless Whisper" the sax just floats across the room. It's amazing. And there's something there, the echo, the reverb, I just really feel like I am hearing the space that the music was recorded in.

Only downside is that I am little bit more fatigued when listening to these than the SVS Ultra's or Pioneer BS22's.

My friend's Aerial 5's are what got me into audio, and it's sure nice to have some of my own now.
1583022349055.jpeg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis