Advice On My First System

A

Albinoblackbear

Audiophyte
I'll have to agree that the Acoustics aren't as pretty as the Axioms. I really like the natural wood look. I'm seeing tons of great reviews on the Acoustics, though. Only problem is that it's a bit over my price range at $348 a pair. Will they go down in price any time soon or should I look at another pair?

My 3390 should be coming in within the week. I'm excited for this, guys!

A

Albinoblackbear

Audiophyte
So, everything keeps changing.

I got my HK 3390 and hooked up my friend's old speakers. Sounds pretty alright, but definitely not what I wanted. He got those speakers from a garage sale and they're really old, so I'm not too worried. The sub my boss gave me, however, won't play anything. It turns on, though. I don't really know what to do with it. It started to smell like something was burning when I turned it on earlier to work at it some more but I think it's toasted. So I'm going to give it back to my boss and grab some of the less quality subs he has in the back. (I think there's a Klipsch 4.1 Promedia sub and a Mirage 5.1 sub back there). So, I have a lower quality sub, but a free sub's better than no sub.

Also, it seems that I won't be making as much money as I thought I would this summer, so my budget has fallen a bit. I'm thinking about buying some Behringer 2030p's off Amazon since they're only $125 and have free shipping. I keep reading either raving reviews or "meh" reviews on these, however.

Would it be a mistake if I buy these? This has gotten really difficult and I'm thinking I should have just stuck with some computer speakers at this point. I'm frustrated.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis