B

bhoup

Audiophyte
Right now I've got a pair of Infinity Interlude 30's which I've had for about a year now. They're hooked up to a Denon AVR-484 receiver. I must say that after a year now they are not very impressive to my ears. Not sure if something happened to them or possible the receiver but lately they sound kinda "harsh." They highs just seem a bit too much or it just seems too pushy. Anyways, I'm thinking about upgrading to any of the following:

Fluance SX-HTB surround sound package,
Fluance SM-938 three-way towers,
Jamo X-550
Jamo E-550
MB Quart QLSP44XL

Has anybody heard any of these that they can give me some good advice? :cool:

Also, I've heard people say that sometimes a set of speakers just won't match well with certain receivers. Is this true. I've also been considering upgrading the receiver to an Onkyo TX-SR302. Would that be better?

Last edited:
H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
Before you go out and buy new speakers identify whether or not you have room reflection problems. 1st and 2nd order relections can make poorly treated rooms sound "harsh". Having reflective surfaces along side walls, little upholstered furniture, and even hard floors could all be areas of concern. Also look into adjusting your speaker placement.

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
I agree with hopjohn. Room reflections can cause havoc with all equipment. Even the best equipment. I recently treated my room for this very issue and heard MAJOR improvements in the sound.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
bhoup said:
Right now I've got a pair of Infinity Interlude 30's which I've had for about a year now. They're hooked up to a Denon AVR-484 receiver. I must say that after a year now they are not very impressive to my ears. Not sure if something happened to them or possible the receiver but lately they sound kinda "harsh." They highs just seem a bit too much or it just seems too pushy. Anyways, I'm thinking about upgrading to any of the following:

Fluance SX-HTB surround sound package,
Fluance SM-938 three-way towers,
Jamo X-550
Jamo E-550
MB Quart QLSP44XL

Has anybody heard any of these that they can give me some good advice? :cool:

Also, I've heard people say that sometimes a set of speakers just won't match well with certain receivers. Is this true. I've also been considering upgrading the receiver to an Onkyo TX-SR302. Would that be better?
The MB Quart QLS are superb! I have not heard QLSP's. I would not go that route. They are old, and even though they might have never been used, they have aged. Look at Yawaonline for current S-Line models.

Also, unless there has been some speaker abuse, I doubt the sound quality of the speaker has changed.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis