Adjustable speed turntables?

R

radio3

Enthusiast
I listen to a lot of vintage dance music that was designed to be aried In tempo depending on dI sets. Often songs are a little slower than one would like since djs often turned up the speed sliders on their Technics 1200s.

Id love to buy a Technics 1200, but they’re ungodly expensive. Does anyone know any nice turntables that might be more like Rega etc, but with adjustable pitch? I’m not looking to DJ and don’t need a Technics, but I do like to be able to vary the speed. Any advice would be appreciated.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I listen to a lot of vintage dance music that was designed to be aried In tempo depending on dI sets. Often songs are a little slower than one would like since djs often turned up the speed sliders on their Technics 1200s.

Id love to buy a Technics 1200, but they’re ungodly expensive. Does anyone know any nice turntables that might be more like Rega etc, but with adjustable pitch? I’m not looking to DJ and don’t need a Technics, but I do like to be able to vary the speed. Any advice would be appreciated.
I own this turntable. It is solidly built with a robust motor providing a strong torque and it has all the features that you would need. I am really pleased with its performance. Some DJs even prefer it to the Technics 1200. You can get for $499 from B & H Photo:

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
For that matter the less costly LP120 has the speed adjustment feature as well. https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT-LP120XUSB-Direct-Drive-Hi-Fidelity-Anti-Skate/dp/B07N3W8B5M
Do you know the speed adjustment range of that turntable I can't find it in the specs.

The Goldring Lenco has a wide speed range. This has long been the go to turntable for variable speed enthusiasts. The GL 70 and 75 have that feature.

GL 75.

They do come up for sale fairly often.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do you know the speed adjustment range of that turntable I can't find it in the specs.

The Goldring Lenco has a wide speed range. This has long been the go to turntable for variable speed enthusiasts. The GL 70 and 75 have that feature.

GL 75.

They do come up for sale fairly often.
What range do the Lencos have? (ps Never mind, looked at the Goldring Lenco manual....yeah continuously variable would be a wide speed range alright.... :) ).

Per the specs on the AT site:
Pitch Variation+/-10% or +/-20%

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis