U

Unregistered

Hi Folk's, I'm kind of new to home audio but, knowledgable about car audio, so if this sounds really stoopid, then sorry.

I've got a Sherwood AX 4050R amp and have just been gifted (lucky me) a JPW 30011b Active sub by a friend who's upgrading his set up. Unfortunatly there's no instructions with it.

The problem I have is I see no output on the back of the amp to run to the sub. The sub has got a high level input on it but, from car audio I'm aware this isn't going to give me clear reproduction......What do I do ???

Thanks in advance
Scott

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You use the high level inputs on the sub.

Car audio must follow different rules. I don't know what you are basing your opinoins on as far as that "clear" stuff, but it won't sound as bad as you seem to think. In fact, many prefer this setup. IOW, don't knock it until you've tried it.

U

Unregistered

Cheers Mark, will give it a try.

When you use a high input in car audio, it tends to take the the definition out the system and introduce hiss. Perhaps this is from interference or the fact it's a lower ohm set up.

Cheers
Scott

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Should be fine

Unregistered said:
I've got a Sherwood AX 4050R amp and have just been gifted (lucky me) a JPW 30011b Active sub by a friend who's upgrading his set up. Unfortunatly there's no instructions with it.

The problem I have is I see no output on the back of the amp to run to the sub. The sub has got a high level input on it but, from car audio I'm aware this isn't going to give me clear reproduction......What do I do ???

Thanks in advance
Scott

You should be able to take your L/R speaker output from the Sherwood to the high level on the sub and then use the high level outputs from the sub and connect your L/R speakers to that. All in all, it should sound fine. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis