Adding a sub for a riser in the theater.

M

mabaususa

Audiophyte
Hello. I have a home theater with a Pioneer
VSX-1021-(something, don't recall which one)
receiver with 9 Speakers and an Acoustics Audio 400 watt down firing sub. The floor in the room is a wood subfloor over an 18" crawl space (not ideal I know). The sub worked at a very low level when we first purchased it. We then decided to add a riser to put the back row of seating about 15: over the floor level seating. That reduced the sub performance entirely. I have watched the videos on daisy Chaining the want to know what my best scenario is to add a second powered Sub. Should I buy a slightly larger sub for the front to replace the Acoustic Audio PSW-10, and put the existing sub woofer up on the riser to give more base everywhere? What sub (on a budget of course) is the best to add for this purpose? I like the idea of a Room Arc design.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What kind of floor is beneath the riser? Adding the riser isolates the sub from the floor a bit and may reduce some vibration from it, making it seem like you're getting less bass. Also, 15" is a big difference in terms of relocating the sub, so you've definitely impacted the interaction with the room.

I'd probably just go with a bigger sub period. When doing duals, you are better off with an identical pair.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis