Adding a second subwoofer - matching sound question

Q

quadlog

Enthusiast
I know people here will often add a second sub into a system so do guys add matching subs?

I'm buying a Paradigm Cinema 110 CT system but I've found a few quality subs at local pawn shops for really low prices. They all however have much more power (250W 12"0 than the sub that comes with my (150W 10")system so I'm thinking this could be a problem with the sound no matching, creating a very unbalanced sound.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
quadlog, you could use another sub but matching subs would be best. I have a paridigm 10 if your are interested. I will make you a good deal.

Q

quadlog

Enthusiast
Hmmm....I have to think about that to make sure everything fits into my budget. I'm in the middle of selling/buying a home as well as getting married next month so I have to watch my cash.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
quadlog said:
I know people here will often add a second sub into a system so do guys add matching subs?

I'm buying a Paradigm Cinema 110 CT system but I've found a few quality subs at local pawn shops for really low prices. They all however have much more power (250W 12"0 than the sub that comes with my (150W 10")system so I'm thinking this could be a problem with the sound no matching, creating a very unbalanced sound.

No, you don't have to be as concerned as with matching main speakers. If you are getting a such good deals, you are not loosing much if it doesn't work to your satisfaction. You may be able to use it in another room?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis