adding a second sub... yes or no?

E

ernie00

Enthusiast
I got a super deal on a sub. I bought one but I'm only getting my house in July. The guy selling them has a few of them left. I tried it and it sounded good but then agian it's not my room. Should I get a second one right now while he still has some left or just take the chance and use 1?

My future room is 12 x 18. Right now it has carpet right on the concrete floor, I'm not sure on what I will be doing because the ceiling is not super high in the basement.

http://www.d-box.com/en/audio/audioproducts_lliad.html is the sub at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for the help

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Sounds like a good sub. It should be plenty for you room, but 2 subs is more idea to combating room acoustics.

If you can afford it and have the room, I don't see how it couldn't hurt. Make sure you are happy with the sub though. You don't want to spend money on something you don't like.

V

Vigor

Junior Audioholic
I agree with SHEEP, I will go with two Subs.

jeffram

Audiophyte
2 subs How do you install

I have the preout sub on my Denon 3803. If I wanted to run a second sub through the front speakers would I "split the speaker wires from the amp to the sub then to the speakers? Or could I split the Bass out on the amplifier? Thanks

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
jeffram said:
I have the preout sub on my Denon 3803. If I wanted to run a second sub through the front speakers would I "split the speaker wires from the amp to the sub then to the speakers? Or could I split the Bass out on the amplifier? Thanks
Split the RCA preout from your denon using a y splitter(1 male, 2 female) and then run an RCA cord ot each subwoofer.

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis