Adding a 2nd subwoofer that is not the same size.

J

JBerg

Audiophyte
I was thinking about adding another sub to my home theater. Right now I have a Klipsch r-10sw I was thinking about buying a r-12 sw or should I just buy another r-10 sw?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
They're probably similar enough to not be an issue particularly. Keep in mind you're limited by the lesser sub to an extent. I'd look for better subwoofage than those Klipsch subs altogether, though....

J

JBerg

Audiophyte
They're probably similar enough to not be an issue particularly. Keep in mind you're limited by the lesser sub to an extent. I'd look for better subwoofage than those Klipsch subs altogether, though....
What do you think would be a good alternative? Trying to stay in the same price range...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I would like to keep it in the $300 range per sub.
Bit low for the better subwoofage, at that budget range would look at the Dayton SUB1200 & SUB1500. If you're willing to spend $600 on a pair then maybe diy (if you have the inclination/time/waf etc).

J

JBerg

Audiophyte
I talked it over with the wife and decided we could bump it up to 500 per sub. What would be the best option for that price point per sub?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I talked it over with the wife and decided we could bump it up to 500 per sub. What would be the best option for that price point per sub?
The HSU VTF2 MK5 is what you want to look at. There is a great review on this site.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I like the Hsu suggestion but maybe even the dual RSL Speedwoofer 10S depending on your extension goals to save a few bucks and smaller form factor....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis