Adam Kinzinger (R-IL)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not sure how many times I have to state that I am not defending Hamas' actions. Right now, I don't see any "good" guy.

Where you and @Irvrobinson appear to see this conflict as black and white issue, I see it in multiple shades of grey.
Yeah, I'm not very bright that way. Irv's first law of warfare: if you shoot rockets at someone it's a certainty they will shoot back if they can.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm not sure how many times I have to state that I am not defending Hamas' actions. Right now, I don't see any "good" guy.

Where you and @Irvrobinson appear to see this conflict as black and white issue, I see it in multiple shades of grey.
I wasn't arguing with your comment, just adding some info after reading it.

WRT your first sentence- a bit like being called a Trump supporter when you're not. How do you like it? :)

Almost nothing is black & white. I see a lot of comments that refer to the last 30 years but the Middle East has been nothing but conflict for at least 2000 years.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, I'm not very bright that way. Irv's first law of warfare: if you shoot rockets at someone it's a certainty they will shoot back if they can.
The first law should be: If you give Hamas any excuse - no matter how flimsy - to fire rockets at you, they will.

This situation did not start with Hamas firing rockets. I am a firm defender of Israel's right to exist and defend themselves, but the days of being the plucky underdog are long gone.

I don't know what the answer is to achieving a peace-maintaining deal in the region, but permitting continuous encroachment of settlements onto occupied land is not it.

highfigh

highfigh

The first law should be: If you give Hamas any excuse - no matter how flimsy - to fire rockets at you, they will.

This situation did not start with Hamas firing rockets. I am a firm defender of Israel's right to exist and defend themselves, but the days of being the plucky underdog are long gone.

I don't know what the answer is to achieving a peace-maintaining deal in the region, but permitting continuous encroachment of settlements onto occupied land is not it.
Strange, how the US is the only country that's expected to solve conflicts like this- I understand not wanting to get involved because of the near impossibility of a true long-term peaceful resolution but indifference is not the same. Hamas doesn't believe Israel has a right to exist- what other outcome is possible?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Strange, how the US is the only country that's expected to solve conflicts like this- I understand not wanting to get involved because of the near impossibility of a true long-term peaceful resolution but indifference is not the same. Hamas doesn't believe Israel has a right to exist- what other outcome is possible?
I certainly don't expect the US to solve it. Part of the answer is draining Palestinian support for Hamas. When it appears that Hamas is the only group* standing up for their interests, Palestinians will support them.

*Even if it's just a facade and Hamas just hates Israel more than they care about their own people.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
The US isn't " expected " to intervene .. The US does it because of arrogance... We think we have the best solutions every time.. And the status quo is good foreign policy.. With the mighty " lady liberty" leading the way.. We manipulate every conflict that matters to suit self interest...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I know the big picture well. Hamas has the stated objective of the destruction of Israel. Not exactly someone I’d want to cut some slack.
Your ignorance is your main strength... Hamas is terroristic.. Palestinians are people .. Israel has been committing human rights violations against them for years .. Fuk em and their supporters( with regards to this endeavor)...

Last edited:
Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Your ignorance is your main strength... Hamas is terroristic.. Palestinians are people .. Israel has been committing human rights violations against them for years .. Fuk em and their supporters( with regards to this endeavor)...
Dumb, as usual.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I think why so many Republican voters on the internet etc have bailed isn't because the Capitol riot bothers them. It's that everything the left media said about Trump was true, but they refused to listen to the warning signs that were sitting right in front of their noses. Then January 6th happened, and there's never been a Democrat president that I'm aware of who incited an insurrection on their own. But there is a Republican now.

The other thing is in addition to Facebook and Twitter nipping the bud on Trump, the judicial system had to go after Trump because the Republican majority are not doing much in the way of voter confidence to assure us Trump will not be a candidate in 2024. If they replaced Cheney with a woman whose first thing out of her mouth is "Trump" than I can't lean on Republicans for any backbone. They rolled the dice on a criminal thug and buried the rest. Whether they rise or fall from this isn't my care. And lets be honest: this isn't about the Republicans aren't "conservative" enough. The 100 or so who are threatening to leave and form their own party are doing so because of Trump and the lies & conspiracies that plague the GOP and losers who are consistently on the tv screen. Gimme a fucking break!

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I think why so many Republican voters on the internet etc have bailed isn't because the Capitol riot bothers them. It's that everything the left media said about Trump was true, but they refused to listen to the warning signs that were sitting right in front of their noses. Then January 6th happened, and there's never been a Democrat president that I'm aware of who incited an insurrection on their own. But there is a Republican now.

The other thing is in addition to Facebook and Twitter nipping the bud on Trump, the judicial system had to go after Trump because the Republican majority are not doing much in the way of voter confidence to assure us Trump will not be a candidate in 2024. If they replaced Cheney with a woman whose first thing out of her mouth is "Trump" than I can't lean on Republicans for any backbone. They rolled the dice on a criminal thug and buried the rest. Whether they rise or fall from this isn't my care. And lets be honest: this isn't about the Republicans aren't "conservative" enough. The 100 or so who are threatening to leave and form their own party are doing so because of Trump and the lies & conspiracies that plague the GOP and losers who are consistently on the tv screen. Gimme a fucking break!
That's the beauty of it : the gop is / has coming apart at the seems, and it's delusional trump fans that are doing it.. I am particularly enjoying the angst of the trust fund crowd that voted for the great pumpkin because they thought they were " protecting " their 401s and other unearned income, all while knowing the guy is a pile of shite....it's the dividend of greed..They were trying to protect against a few % points worth of taxes... Well, they got their tax cuts.. And lost the white house, senate and house...so he's their problem, they are reaping what they sowed....he- he...fuk em and the herd of donkey's they road into town on...

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
That's the beauty of it : the gop is / has coming apart at the seems, and it's delusional trump fans that are doing it.. I am particularly enjoying the angst of the trust fund crowd that voted for the great pumpkin because they thought they were " protecting " their 401s and other unearned income, all while knowing the guy is a pile of shite....it's the dividend of greed..They were trying to protect against a few % points worth of taxes... Well, they got their tax cuts.. And lost the white house, senate and house...so he's their problem, they are reaping what they sowed....he- he...fuk em and the herd of donkey's they road into town on...
I'm afraid Trump has to fucking die off! Then it will be better. Although there's still Ghouliani, Gaetz, Graham, MTG, Cruz, Hannitty, Tucker, Ingraham, etc. The point isn't they have to be super likeable but just not pricks or sad saucers. Many in the GOP or on screen haven't mastered the art of being below the radar. They're polarizing, but more to the point come across as some of the biggest dickheads. There's a character problem with many of them, and many many supporters confuse that with policy.

highfigh

highfigh

The US isn't " expected " to intervene .. The US does it because of arrogance... We think we have the best solutions every time.. And the status quo is good foreign policy.. With the mighty " lady liberty" leading the way.. We manipulate every conflict that matters to suit self interest...
You don't think other countries come to ask for help?

How arrogant is it, to send aircraft carriers to provide housing, medical treatment and food for thousands of people to a place that has been ravaged by a natural disaster, when their own government doesn't have the capability? Not sure I would use that word.

highfigh

highfigh

Who specifically has denounced Trump, the riot either here, online, or politicians? I thought the minority were dictating the GOP majority?
Go back and read the comments made here before the election and you'll see who wouldn't support Trump. I can't waste the time needed to find all of the online comments and politicians who, by the nature of their place, prevents them saying things that could jeopardize their careers (under normal conditions).

You mean the minority in the GOP dictating? Absolutely! They need to yank their heads out of their butts if they want to survive.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You don't think other countries come to ask for help?

How arrogant is it, to send aircraft carriers to provide housing, medical treatment and food for thousands of people to a place that has been ravaged by a natural disaster, when their own government doesn't have the capability? Not sure I would use that word.
Goes both way, as Iraq and Afghanistan wars show for military support.

The we have: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Go back and read the comments made here before the election and you'll see who wouldn't support Trump. I can't waste the time needed to find all of the online comments and politicians who, by the nature of their place, prevents them saying things that could jeopardize their careers (under normal conditions).

You mean the minority in the GOP dictating? Absolutely! They need to yank their heads out of their butts if they want to survive.
Well that's how the GOP got into this mess in the first place. They did nothing. The media cultivated it via deflection, and the voters by their post-riot silence since acknoedging you fucked up is somehow giving in to the Dems or supporting their policies in some soupy defensive, tribal posture. I've seen no outspoken critics of Trump since January 6th, but I have seen plenty of silence.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Well that's how the GOP got into this mess in the first place. They did nothing. The media cultivated it via deflection, and the voters by their post-riot silence since acknoedging you fucked up is somehow giving in to the Dems or supporting their policies in some soupy defensive, tribal posture. I've seen no outspoken critics of Trump since January 6th, but I have seen plenty of silence.
What I should have said is I'm waiting for outspoken "Republican" voices.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis