Acoustic Research AR-94 Speakers

E

Ernest Cox

Audiophyte
I have an original set of AR-94 Speakers.

One speaker developed a rattle. I removed the grille and found the foam enclosures around the mid-range and woofer had deteriorated. The speakers themself are fine.

1. Is there a repair shop between Spokane and Seattle that repairs old speakers?

2. I ordered replacement foam enclosures. Is there a source that explains how to remove the speakers from the enclosure and to replace the foam?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Very common for older speakers with foam surrounds. A number of places sell refoam kits. I don't think you even need to remove them from the cabinet to refoam them. There used to be a site in southern California that repaired drivers and sold repair kits, but it looks like they are shutting down. Parts Express offers various services: www.partsexpress.com and they have people who can likely instruct you on the process for refoaming the drivers.

E

Ernest Cox

Audiophyte
Very common for older speakers with foam surrounds. A number of places sell refoam kits. I don't think you even need to remove them from the cabinet to refoam them. There used to be a site in southern California that repaired drivers and sold repair kits, but it looks like they are shutting down. Parts Express offers various services: www.partsexpress.com and they have people who can likely instruct you on the process for refoaming the drivers.
Thanks for the feedback.

I found the exact foam surrounds from Only Spea

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis