Acoustic Panels made a HUGE difference in my room. Questions tho...

T

T.Anders

Audioholic Intern
So I worked with GIK Acoustics on a panel set up.

Got it all hung the last couple of days, is it normal to hear such a large difference in a treated room?

My L/R and rear surrounds REALLY came to life. So much that I'm going to have to run Audessey once again. The sub frequency response has dramatically changed with the bass traps. The sound really seems to have blended out in the front stage, and if this makes sense, it feels like the sound has moved toward the seating area, closer to where I'm sitting. I'm actually blown away by the difference room treatments have made. Just not entirely sure if they were successful or not! Lol.

I know some rooms can be over treated, and I'd just like some advice on what to look for once my second Monolith 5X arrives early next week and I can re-calibrate.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd rerun Audyssey even if the differences were less audible. Changes don't mean that it's ideal yet OTOH :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So I worked with GIK Acoustics on a panel set up.

Got it all hung the last couple of days, is it normal to hear such a large difference in a treated room?

My L/R and rear surrounds REALLY came to life. So much that I'm going to have to run Audessey once again. The sub frequency response has dramatically changed with the bass traps. The sound really seems to have blended out in the front stage, and if this makes sense, it feels like the sound has moved toward the seating area, closer to where I'm sitting. I'm actually blown away by the difference room treatments have made. Just not entirely sure if they were successful or not! Lol.

I know some rooms can be over treated, and I'd just like some advice on what to look for once my second Monolith 5X arrives early next week and I can re-calibrate.
ps as far as another amp, I'd simply rerun it for gain adjustment rather than any possible audible reasons....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis