Acoustic panels, base traps etc...

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Acoustic panels, base traps etc...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I am looking to put some sound control in my new HT room (when it's done). Here is one kit that looks like it may do a fair job.
http://www.truesoundcontrol.com/products/RDSTD36.html

Does anyone know of better for less? I'm not looking to spend a fortune as my system is relatively modest. I have seen cheaper on PE's site, but those were on the ugly side. Even though they would have covered more area, I don't want to go that way. Looking good counts. Their corner traps look OK so I may bring them in.

The room is 14' by 26' but opens into another area (kitchen & dining) of the same size. (28' by 26' total) Only a 6' of wall between them along the 26" side..

Thank you for any help or leads.

Mike

Last edited:
Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
I wish I could help...

...but I did the high WAF route of throw pillows, curtains and rugs before I went straight to room EQing...

jimHJJ(...sorry...)

P.S. It's like deja vu all over again, sounds like an echo...

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Resident Loser said:
...but I did the high WAF route of throw pillows, curtains and rugs before I went straight to room EQing...

jimHJJ(...sorry...)

P.S. It's like deja vu all over again, sounds like an echo...
Echo? Did you say Echo?

K

knobturner75

Audioholic Intern
I'll just throw a little secondhand info at you. Seeing as I have no idea about any sound control at this point in my HT. I have seen gikacoustics mentioned alot as a very good value and product. Not to mention, people are saying they have very good tech support. I don't know firsthand at this point.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis