ABSOLUTE BEGINNER HELP

S

SAGITARIUS

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hi all
I have just discovered this fantastic site and as I never buy anything without research this is great. I have a sound system which I use for just music. an ancient NAIM amp approx 30yrs old the sound is unbeliebable very ugly black box. a Yamaha 5 disc player and yes booze studiocraft speakers I am completly happy with this system I'm venturing into the home theatre arena and am extremely green was tossing up between a component system or do it in stages after surfing this site will do it in stages.
I have an Onkyo DVD am thinking of purchasing an Onkyo receiver TXDS 595 can get this for $1000 AUS any comments on this would be great help. also I've noticed the anti booze sentiment so WHAT speakers would you recommend can spend approx $2000 AUS
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>why not build a kitset that has a good review in speakerbuilder magazine etc?

www.cowanaudio.com.au
www.partsexpress.com

eg 6.5inch midrange +tweeter , + a 12inch powered sub (shiva,peerless etc)

</font>

<font color='#000000'>The only reason you may perceive anti-booze sentiment is because of their poor quality of components and lack of frequency response. Paper cone tweeters and &quot;subwoofers&quot; that allow 400 Hz through do not really put forth good sound.

What is $2k AUS in US dollars?</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Hi Toxicbass
thanks for your reply I wont build a system myself as I am hopelessly technically illiterate and not at all practical must be the female in me so will stick to a bought system
Sag
</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Hi Hawke
thanks for the response  
have read lots about booze since researching and def wont go there, must have got a good set of studiocraft but they are about 20yrs old maybe thats why. re the $$$ exchange I think Aus $ are about 60cents US so I can afford about $3500 Us for speakers. BTW did end up getting the Onkyo receiver got it for $890 AUS so got a good buy as was retailling at $1300 before new model came in
Sag</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis