E

elkano

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I have been doing a little research to buy a pair of floorstanding speakers and so far C-800 from American Acoustic Development seem to be the winners (for under $900).  But before commiting to them I would like to read some audioholics comments on them as they where highly recommended by two sound engineers I know ( I have not lsten to them but the specs look OK).  I did listen Paradign, Wharfedale, Linn, JBL, Green Mountain Audio, System Audio, Snell, BW, Infinity and Mission but still not satisfied.</font>

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
elkano : <font color='#000000'>I did listen Paradign, Wharfedale, Linn, JBL, Green Mountain Audio, System Audio, Snell, BW, Infinity and Mission but still not satisfied.</font>
<font color='#000000'>Then I would highly suggest that you listen to these also before buying since you were not satisfied with the other contenders.</font>

E

elkano

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Well; I went for the C800's, I just received them today.  They look impressive (maple) and very well and strong construction.  Much better than what they look in the AAD web page.
(http://www.aadsound.com/Products%20Page/C%20Series%20Product/c800c%20product%20page.html)

Very heavy, 60 lbs each, and tall 49 inches, definitely will get the looks.  Strong and heavy binding posts.  Enough with the looks.  I was looking more into the mid ranges (400Hz – 3kHz) and mid-bass down to 80Hz since I have a 10” Velodyne to handle the sub-freq.  Sound is deep, very dynamic with clear and powerful definition on mid and mid-bass and superb highs.  I highly recommend this set. For $750.00 /pr it is a very good and solid purchase.

Listen to this, since I wrote the first time I visited a Booze store in Puerto Rico just to show a friend how you can spend a lot of money into something very well marketed with no real value at all.  I brought my own CD for the audition (I strongly recommend you to do so) and the salesman did not wanted to play it loud because it could bother the guys next-door, and the CD I brought is from an Italian singer with good deep voice (Booze mid-range coverage really sucks).  Isn’t that suspicious for a $1,000.00 speaker.  Also the crossover points are not published, 2-inch paper tweeters, and so on and on... To make a long story short I saved an audioholic from a wrong and expensive start.

</font>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis