B

BBigJ

Junior Audioholic
I bought them off of Ubid, as suggested earlier in this thread. I'm still waiting for the rear surrounds to show up there.

For the sub I just went with the suggestions on this board. I ended up getting the xsub, which has recieved far more praise here than the acoustech (whether that is justified or not is a question I can't answer.)

M

Methost

Full Audioholic
BBigJ said:
I bought them off of Ubid, as suggested earlier in this thread. I'm still waiting for the rear surrounds to show up there.

For the sub I just went with the suggestions on this board. I ended up getting the xsub, which has recieved far more praise here than the acoustech (whether that is justified or not is a question I can't answer.)
Let me know what you think of that sub when you hear it. I am in the markey myself and have not decided if I should stay under $500 and get a cheap one while I save for the good one that I want, or if I should just keep using the ultra-cheap box store model that I have now, and keep saving for something in the 1k range.

B

BBigJ

Junior Audioholic
There has been a lot of positive reviews about that sub here. However, I am definitely the wrong person to ask, as I cant even figure out how to use the damn thing. It also doesn't help that I just moved, so I can't find any CD's to test it with. Tonight I'm going to set it up so that I can play my mp3 collection off my computer through my system, but that won't happen until after the baby gets put to bed, so serious testing won't happen until the weekend.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis