A Look Inside the Sonos SP100 Bookshelf Speakers

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
These speakers tend to be listed on Ebay and Facebook marketing and Craiglist from time to time. They use to sell for around $179 a pair. I found them local for $30 a pair. They are not a wimp. The cabinets are about 3/4 in thick, and stuffed good and weigh a little over 10 lbs each -- the 5-1/4 in woofer has a poly-resin frame and the magnet is big, and seems to be polypropylene with aluminum color. The tweeter is a 1 inch teteron dome tweeter with a neodymium magnet. The crossover seems to be 2nd order and said to be 1850 hz.

They sound surprisingly nice/decent with tight controlled bass, with good detail and a decent soundstage. they tend to lack some refinement and depth. However, I will take them over the former Infinity Primus speakers and Pioneer BS-22 and Polk RTi4 -- and I would not pay full price for the Sony Core over these speakers. For sure a serious good deal for my $30.

Here is a slideshow
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=slideshow;album=27319;start=182328;size=xlarge

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis