A Little Help Please....

M

Muad'Dib

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I can't get my rears to sound right. &nbsp;They are bipolar Jamo surround speakers and they are positioned about 6' above my head in the listening position and about 2 1/2' behind my head in the listening position. &nbsp;I realize this is somewhat less than ideal, but it's the best it can get in my apartment. &nbsp;I'm using a Denon 4802 receiver to drive them.

The problem is that they don't really seem to add much to the sound stage and image rather poorly (although they do &quot;just fine&quot; if I route music through to the rears). &nbsp;However, if I raise the channel level on the Denon they stick out like a sore thumb and they are terribly matched with my Martin Logan fronts/center. &nbsp;If I turn my head to the side, I can hear them as they're set now, although they don't really seem to have much going through them unless there is something quite obvious such as a front to back airplane or the like.

I have the channel levels adjusted per a Quest/Metrasonics sound level meter with a linear weighting.

Any advice would be appreciated.</font>

A

av_phile

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Could timbre matching between the front and back be the culprit? &nbsp;Timbre matching is important if you want a seamless soundfield across all speakers, thereby contirbuting to the illusionof a soundstage depth. Jist my 2 cents.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis