a few questions/problems

B

bmxfelon420

Enthusiast
Hello, first i would like to comment on my reciever. It is a Kenwood VR-209, and it works great except it was dropped in shipping and the front got a little damage, the case doesnt align properly, and it shuts down occasionally at moderate volumes, but other times it doesnt. Does anyone know what would cause this, if it is at all user repairable (i have a small background in electronics) and if not, approximately how much do repairs of this type cost? Secondly, i was wondering if i would notice a major difference in the surround imaging of the system by purchasing an optical cable to run from the dvd player, or running it in digital mode?

RJB

RJB

Audioholic
My advice would be to have it replaced at once if it was damaged during shipping. I assume you just received it?

Regardless of where you purchased the unit it should be covered for shipping damage. You should not be expected to keep damaged equipment.

B

bmxfelon420

Enthusiast
well i recieved it awhile ago and there was supposed to be an insurance refund, but i never got it and i cant contact the seller to get it. It doesnt concern me near as much as getting it fixed, all i really want is it to be able to get turned up without shutting down on me. The nearest kenwood service center is about 65 miles away, whenever i can get a chance i want to find out what they can do. I also need to look into the documentation on the reciever to see how exactly the digital works, i know i can select digital in but im not sure how to get it to work on a specific input, i can check that out tomorrow. I will hook up an rca cable and try it later to see how it works. I imagined that during the encoding/decoding process some clarity in the imaging would be lost, so i think i can try to get that fixed. I also aim on fixing the terminal on the right front speaker (the fronts are pioneer 3 ways) and also i was wondering if there would be a good, reasonably priced center that is approx. 100 watts? The one i have now is decent but i like to push the limits of the system.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis