8K Video and AVR pass through

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
If nobody cares about 8K, then why does it seem like so many people want to make sure their new AVR or AVP has HDMI 2.1? :D

Lately I’ve been looking a lot into movies that are mastered in 4K. I’ve found that probably 75% of the new movies are still mastered in only 2K (1080p). And we’re talking blockbusters like Avengers Franchise, Aquaman, Iron Man Trilogy, Captain America Trilogy, Thor Trilogy, Harry Potter Franchise, etc.

Thus, most blockbusters are still being mastered in 2K, everyone has a 4K TV, and many people are asking for HDMI 2.1 for 8K. But many people are also against 8K since there doesn’t seem to be any 8K Blu-Ray players.

With most new blockbusters still being mastered in 2K, it’s very difficult to see how they would make 8K blu-ray!

Are they actually going to master the movies in 8K?

Or will they continue to master most movies in 2K and make a bunch of FAKE 8K blu-rays like they are making a bunch of FAKE 4K blu-rays right now?
The so-called videophile demands the best possible medium in which to display content. It's constantly said those videophiles that blu ray/UHD disc is superior to streaming and is preferred way to view content. However, the many of the same so-called videophiles seems all to willing to compromise for 8K streaming because they realize the likelihood of 8K disc and players are extremely unlikely.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The so-called videophile demands the best possible medium in which to display content. It's constantly said those videophiles that blu ray/UHD disc is superior to streaming and is preferred way to view content. However, the many of the same so-called videophiles seems all to willing to compromise for 8K streaming because they realize the likelihood of 8K disc and players are extremely unlikely.
They're willing to accept FAKE 8K streams? :D

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Dude. It’s called rounding up...

8k is so much easier to say than, “hey check out my seven thousand six hundred forty TV!!!!!! Or even , man I love my seventy six forty. Way too many syllables... duh.
Consumer gets thrown under the bus .:
Lmao cinema gets real 4k 4096 pixels we get 3840? It’s a huge difference.
I guess home theater does not deserve true 4k and most movies are mastered in 2k not 4. Simply unconverted from 1080 to 2160p.

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Consumer gets thrown under the bus .:
Lmao cinema gets real 4k 4096 pixels we get 3840? It’s a huge difference.
I guess home theater does not deserve true 4k and most movies are mastered in 2k not 4. Simply unconverted from 1080 to 2160p.

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them
It’s a huge difference? Maybe if you’re wearing your tv as a mask!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis