85" AAXA P2 Pico Projector (pics)

Q

quicke60

Audioholic Intern
I keep seeing bashing of pico, pocket, and other LED projectors on this and other home theater forums I frequent.

Guys - I'm really not understanding this... Not everyone can afford blu-ray, not everyone can afford a nice car, and not everyone can afford a 1080P home theater projector with all the bells and whistles...

My brother who's an auditor has a $5000 Sony projector (which is the bomb) and I don't see him bashing on me for my $800 DLP projector.... Just saying most people know they get what they pay for - no need to clown them over it...

Anyways, I just got my AAXA P2 micro projector and I'm pretty pleased with it. For a tiny battery powered projector it definitely beams a big picture! Here's an 85" image over my bed. It definitely doesn't suck and is probably an awesome projector for people that are looking for a budget TV / movie projector. No it's not a $2000 3LCD projector, but it's definitely pretty cool.

BTW I'm selling my AAXA P1 projector for $150 if anyone is interested please PM (mods please remove if this is not appropriate). Thx

P

powerboost12

Enthusiast
Found this on google - thanks for this! Those big 85" screen shots look amazing for the size of that projector I'm going to order one this weekend.

Matt34

Matt34

This would be cool to have on deployments, hook it up to your laptop or ipod with some headphones and have a instant, mini HT system.

Q

quicke60

Audioholic Intern
Hells yeah! :p

Actually the speakers on the system are mediocre at best - I just ordered some tweakers to go with my P2. My friend has a pair of these and they are pretty badass!

You can find this for $20 online and they are self powered (onboard battery)

C

cukleti

Audiophyte
Do you find that the resolution is only good through the vga connection, or is it at par with composite, internal player etc

Q

quicke60

Audioholic Intern
Based on what I"m seeing the resolution is great over the VGA connection, I have used 1280x670 on output to the AAXA projector and it works fine. I don't know how to test the resolution of the onboard player however but it looks good, but the 1024x720 pictures are looking a little bit crushed, so I would say the VGA connection is your best bet.

Q

quicke60

Audioholic Intern
Hi,

for 80" you need about 10' back. You'll want to try to project 80" in the dark, it works ok with lights coming in, but I highly recommend it in a dark room for best results!

:)

D

dnsam

Audiophyte
Looks great - is the fan quiet? I tried a BenQ for the bedroom, but it was too noisy.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis