7.1 wired now what?

J

Jay Newbie

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Installed 7.1 wiring concealed in walls, 3 runs above the plasma, 2 mid room, 2 rear room and 1 sub woofer. What do I do now, I have PS2/Xbox/HDTV cable box/DVD pro-scan all with componet, and Plasma has only one componet input. What would be a recommended reciever to connect all of this so I'm not switching cables when I switch componets.
Like my name states, I'm a newbie, but I read allot on what to purchase and install...</font>

<font color='#000080'>Unfortunately/fortunately, only high-end proc essors and receivers support the number of component inputs you need. Maybe you can hold out for the Yamaha RX-Z9.

There are other solutions, of course. What's your budget and have you bought speakers yet?</font>

J

Jay Newbie

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>thanks
Budget's about 5,000, I can go a little higher. I already have the Plasma (5K) so now I'm down to the audio portion. I have not purchased speakers yet, but my installer was suggesting Niles or Jbl flush mounted/ in-wall speakers (WA=Wife approval). I was also looking at the Denon 5803...but it still lacks the 4 component inputs I need...I was thinking of a component video switcher but I don't want to degrade the signal..when I direct connect to the plasma from my HDTV cable box the image is stunning.</font>

<font color='#000080'>The new Yamaha RX-Z9 has 6 component inputs I believe... it will retail at around $4300.

As for in-walls... good luck finding any that compete with real speakers. I don't understand why wives don't go for things like pretty cherry speakers. See if she'll let you get some attractive floor-standing models. Don't drag her around with you to audition them, just show her brochures with beautiful decorated rooms and get a sign-off...

I guess I'm lucky - my wife actually encourages me in my pursuit of better sound gear...</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis