7.1 advise needed (shop theater)

P

petethekiller

Enthusiast
Hey guys,

It's been some time since I posted up over, been pretty happy with my setup so I kinda just didnt have the fever to improve my rig. Just recently, we where affected by the Tornado that came through Bridge Creek Oklahoma and this has me hunting down some new equipment. Just for clarification, we didn't loose our house but we sustained much damage as a result of the high winds.

I have a 30x40 work shop that doubles as a large home theater/PARTY room, my rig consisted of an Onkyo TX-NR806 that was pretty much used as a pre amp. A collection of ADCOM 555 amps, Paradigm Monitor series speakers and 2 15 in DIY Horn Loaded subs. Aside from the damage we sustained, I lost my Onkyo due the power surging, the ADCOMs survived the storm thankfully.

I had in mind that I was going to replace the Onkyo with a newer model from Accessories4less.com as I was given $599 to replace the receiver. Looking at what was available, the 818 and 828 are both in my price range. Looking at the specs there seems to be a fair amount of difference between the two year models. I would like your opinion on which would be the better option. I do like the idea of the Bluetooth capabilities of the newer model but would look past it if it was not the same performer the previous model might be.

Another option I would consider is a dedicated pre amp..... it would likely have to used as $600 Does not go far in this area but I am open to suggestions.

Thank you

Pete

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Two subs? Denon AVR-X4000 for the win. It has all the pre-amp outs you need, individual room correction for each of a pair of subs, and it exactly matches your replacement budget. Unknown about Bluetooth, but I'm sure there are workable 3rd party solutions to be found for $20 or so.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

P

petethekiller

Enthusiast
This certainly looks like a good contender.... Never owned a Denon/Marantz product, maybe I'll gite it a shot. Thanks for the advise

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis