~$500 Receiver Recommendation for Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro's

N

nhandler

Audiophyte
~$500 Receiver/Amp? Recommendation for Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro's

Hi all, this is my first post here... I seek opinions on what a good ~$500 receiver or amp would be to pair with some Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro speakers as well as their MPS-150 sub. This setup is going to be rather interesting as the source will be a Windows Media Center computer via the optical output. The current plan is to have a stereo speaker setup as it will primarily be used for music (the room configuration, a library, and display, Apple Cinema 20", just won't work well for movies), however I would like to keep open the possibility of placing more Nucleus Micro speakers elsewhere in the house to port music throughout. Any suggestions that would keep the budget around ~$500 would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
A

azcoyote

Enthusiast
A buddy of mine bought the Yamaha 2500 to drive his Orb audio speakers and it does a great job. Having heard it myself, i can make a recommendation for it. It is slightly over your budget at $620 or so out at Abe's of Maine. Since that is the receiver that is being talked up as a great pre/pro then I think it is safe to bet it is worth the $120.

Cheers,
Wiley

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Yamaha RX-V1500

The Yamaha RX-V1500 is one small step down from the 2500. It can be purchased in the $500 range from an authorized dealer. It has tons of features and more than enough power for those small speakers.

mrgooch

mrgooch

Audioholic Intern
I am using a 200 watt Onkyo tx8511 2 channel receiver with the Micro's and the T1 sub. Super sound combo.

D

DaveOCP

Audioholic
Skip the receiver, and spend $500 on an integrated amp. If you dont need all of the video switching, DSP features etc. why pay for it? I'd suggest buying a used integrated amp for $500, you'll get significantly better sound quality.

N

nhandler

Audiophyte
Thanks for all the tips! I ended up getting a NAD C320BEE integrated amp.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis