Omega Supreme

Omega Supreme

Audioholic
As of now i have a 5.1 setup. A few months ago i bought the Denon 3805 which is 7.1. My question is how much better is 7.1 over 5.1? Also how much better is 7.1 over 6.1? Im thinking of going atleast to a 6.1 setup. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Omega Supreme said:
As of now i have a 5.1 setup. A few months ago i bought the Denon 3805 which is 7.1. My question is how much better is 7.1 over 5.1? Also how much better is 7.1 over 6.1? Im thinking of going atleast to a 6.1 setup. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
U will notice a difference if you add the rear channel (6.1) or two of them (7.1) Depending on the space constraints of you listening enviroment 5.1 might be optimal b/c it wont do you any good have too many speakers shoved into a small space, 6.1 might work if its a smaller area, but i dont think there would be too much of a benefit to go 7.1

Omega Supreme

Omega Supreme

Audioholic
My room is about average size 22'x14' w/my surrounds being 14' apart. There is also about 5' from my seating area to the rear wall.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Omega Supreme said:
My room is about average size 22'x14' w/my surrounds being 14' apart. There is also about 5' from my seating area to the rear wall.
Your room is almost identical to my previous room, which was 25x14. I felt 6.1 was worth it in a room that size.

7.1 and 6.1 are essentially the same thign except that you have two rear centers with 7.1 vs one with 6.1. With the somewhat narrowness of the room, 7.1 might not be beneficial, but I do feel it is an nice effect, though that was mostly only when viewing movies with a 6.1 track (EX or ES). In both cases, placement of the speakers is pretty important, and calibration of the levels is a MUST.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
14 feet is a pretty good space, you would notice a difference if you went to 6.1 with your seating 5 feet infront of the back wall, but if ya have the space, just go 7.1 and then u get to say to all your friends that you have a 7.1 surround system and they will all be jelous

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis