5.1 TO 7.1 using wireless book shelf speakers

W

WICKEDNEBULA

Enthusiast
i was wondering if going to 7.1 would be worth the effort . i have an onkyo txsr507 which is 5.1 receiver that will do 7.1 with an external amp to power the 2 surround back channels . i found some wireless book shelf speakers from acoustic research that i thought would make it simple because i have power where the speakers would be placed . i really do not want to run wires over head or under the house just something i was thinking about . any suggestions would be great.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/637535-REG/Acoustic_Research_AW880_AW880_Wireless_Indoor_Stereo.html#specifications

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Did you read the specs on those things?

Do you really think they will stand up to the rest of your system, much less compliment it?

W

WICKEDNEBULA

Enthusiast
Probably not i was more curious about the concept than the actual speakers i know there are some better quality ones out there just wanted to see if anyone else had tried something similar .

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There's a kit out there that is just the wireless portion; you provide the amp and speakers, but technically, yes those would work.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
There's a kit out there that is just the wireless portion; you provide the amp and speakers, but technically, yes those would work.
I've been looking for exactly what you describe. Can you point me in that direction, or possibly provide a link?

W

WICKEDNEBULA

Enthusiast
i think i have decided to go with the wired option i found a 2ch amp on amazon for 75.00 and i found two polk bookshelf speakers to go with my system that i have now . the wireless looked cool but i was unsure about the build quality of the speakers . i think most where meant to be paired with an i pod or mp3 player . there are some other ways like the rocket fish wireless from best buy .

http://www.amazon.com/Rocketfish-Wireless-Rear-Speaker-RF-WHTIB/dp/B000VEP3XO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1272393650&sr=8-1

but for the money i chose better speakers .

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That is the one I was referring to; the one from Aperion which looks like almost exactly the same thing from AudioEngine. It transcodes the signal, broadcasts it (line of sight) and decodes it and passes the signal to your amp as analog.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis